Saturday, January 4, 2014

If I Had a Flower

Hi everyone! I've been playing the in scrap room today, on this fine Saturday, and created two projects to enter into challenge 1 of the Gina K Guest DT Call for February! There will be four challenges to complete over the next two weeks in order to be considered for the guest DT, and the first one is a technique challenge. I'm stoked beyond belief - designing for Gina K (guest or otherwise) would be the dream of a lifetime for me! I love her stamps, cardstock and patterned papers, and I would truly be a walking testimony to how fabulous her products are! ;)

The technique for the first challenge is color on color emboss resist. Awesome technique! Gina's tutorial is HERE.  I went for vintage with this note card. I thought the GKD Garden Forever stamp set duo would be perfect stamped on ivory linen cardstock which actually looks like fabric when inked. I really like how this turned out!


I used sticky back canvas for the main background, and matted all the elements on black cardstock which I think is a nice contrast. I added a gemstone to the center of each flower.


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Paper and More black cardstock; Marco's Antique Linen ivory cardstock
  • Ranger Sticky Back Canvas
  • GKD Garden Forever stamp set duo
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Ranger Dried Marigold, Shabby Shutters, Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concord distress inks
  • Versamark Dazzle
  • Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Floral Ovals dies
  • Purple gemstones

Wish me luck with the Guest DT Call! Stay tuned for my second entry into the first challenge - this is serious business! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D