Sunday, September 8, 2013

Grateful Heart Note Card

** 9/20/13 Featured Artist at The Kraft Journal! **
** 9/10/13 Top 3 Challenge Winner at The Kraft Journal! **
** 9/7/13 Chat & Challenge Winner at StampTV! **

Okay, I got my other note card photographed this morning so I'm back to post it! I played in the scrap room yesterday and created a couple note cards with some of the new Gina K Designs stamps and paper. I'm just loving these bold autumn/fall colors with the kraft, brown and red cardstocks! OMG! I have a bit of "fall fever" anyway, and this card just did me in! ;)

Again, I chose clean and simple for my "Grateful Heart" thank you note card and followed a layout/sketch. I love sketches and just don't seem to play with them very often, so I'm indulging myself! I used primarily kraft cardstock layered on chocolate brown, with one piece of patterned paper also layered on the chocolate brown. I love vertical sentiments and created a two-layer banner with distressed edges for this one. I used two leaf stamps, one as the focal image on the front and the other on the inside, stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I even layered the gross grain ribbon on a piece of the chocolate brown cardstock. Just love this! ;)




Here's a peek at the inside... with plenty of room to write that "thank you" note!


I'd love to enter this note card into the following challenges:


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, Chocolate, Kraft and Tomato Soup cardstock
  • GKD Grateful Heart 6x6 patterned paper
  • GKD Grateful Heart stamp set (both leaves and sentiment)
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Ranger Dried Marigold distress ink
  • Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink
  • GKD Tomato Soup (coordinate) gross grain ribbon
  • Kool Tak clear foam squares

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Leslie. Oh wow, your card is amazing inside and out!

    ~Shery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the front leaf stamp and how you have kept this plain against the patterned background. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, the paper choices are fabulous!
    Thanks for playing in our With Thanks challenge over at Inky Impressions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job...love it, the colors are my favorite! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Impressions.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining at CCCC: Layout
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! Love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Leslie. I just popped over from StampTV after seeing your blog link. Great blog! Love your card style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful Autumn card! Such lovely Fall colors and you did a FAB job with our sketch. Thanx so much for playing along with us at CC&CC. Come back again soon! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Leslie. I particularly like all the lovely autumnal colours in your DP and how you layered the ribbon. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super lovely fall card!! Love how you finished the inside, too!
    Thanks for joining us for "Anything Goes" @ Loves Rubberstamps!! :) :) :)
    ~~Nicole~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally TERRIFIC! Congrats on your wins!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just LOVED this card, Leslie ! We are going to showcase it this week at The Kraft Journal, for our Feature me Friday !! Hugs... - Jan -

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D