Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lost Coast Designs Nostalgic Children!

As promised, I'm back with three more card samples I created for Linda with Lost Coast Designs. I used several of her Nostalgic Children stamps, and what cuties these are! They all just 'screamed' vintage, so that's the direction I went with all three! I used the LCD Cheesecloth background stamp on two of them. We're required to keep the dimension at a minimum, as Linda showcases them in her booth when she travels around to paper arts shows and the booth walls are folded flat for traveling, so you'll notice they don't have a whole lot of layers or embellishments.

The first card I'd like to share with you today was created with Rose Boy. Isn't he just adorable?! The card base is GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock. The cheesecloth background on the pennant tab and the Rose Boy were stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on the ivory cardstock, and I distressed the edges of all with Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink. The dark brown cardstock is from my stash. I dug out my Imaginisce i.top tool (and some scrap pieces of brown patterned paper for the toppers) to create the brads which I also distressed with the Walnut Stain distress ink. Love, love, love!



The next card was created with Kitty Girl. What a darling image! The card base is pale lilac cardstock from Paper and More. I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the pale lilac cardstock and used four Copics (E000, V12, Y11 and C1) to color her and the kitty cat. The image is matted on black crinkle cardstock from The Paper Cut and embellished simply with purple ribbon from Studios Blackbird and three purple gemstones. For some reason this card was very hard to photograph - the image looks super crooked (but looked fine in real life) and you can't really see how beautiful the pale lilac cardstock is. :[



And the last card I'm sharing with you today was created with Flower Picker. This image made an absolutely beautiful vintage card! The card base is GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock. I stamped the cheesecloth background and image in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on the ivory cardstock, and distressed the edges with Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink. I colored the image with E000, Y11, G24 and R23 Copics. I matted the oval-cut image on a salmon Spellbinders Floral Ovals diecut, also distressed with the Walnut Stain distress ink. I used my Tonic corner punch on all four corners of the background which I matted on dark brown cardstock from my stash. I finished it off with a small Melissa Frances flat-back pearl in each corner.


Hope you enjoyed seeing these cards as much as I enjoyed making them! All of the Lost Coast Designs stamps I've worked with are superb - you get a nice crisp impression that's almost fool-proof! Check 'em out - you won't be disappointed!

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D