Monday, May 6, 2013

Precious newborn

We're just rockin' right along with our Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog challenges! We're already beginning Challenge #5 this week, which is an Anything Goes challenge! We know these are a crowd pleaser, so we plan to indulge you periodically! We're sponsored this week by the awesome JellyPark! OMG - cuteness is all I need to say! Jellypark graciously provided our design team with two images to play with, but I already had their "Baby Shoes" digi in my stash that I was just itching to use, so that began my baby girl card! Just too cute!

I used a couple new favorite dies on this project - one Spellbinders and one Cheery Lynn! I bought several of the dies in the decorative Spellbinders series several months ago and have used all three of them. They are really gorgeous and I just love this oval one! And I really lucked out with the striped paper I found in my stash, because it had all three of the shades of pink cardstock I used! Woo-hoo! Plus, I've had it forever, so it was a good opportunity to use some of it up. I've also had  the front and inside sentiments in my stash for years, so I was happy to find a use for them as well. And, I bought several summer gauze shirts a few weeks ago and they all had button-up flaps to secure a rolled-up sleeve. I don't like that kind of sleeve, so I cut the flaps out of all of them, and used one of the white ones on this card, along with a button brad. And I've had those button brads in my stash for quite a while also! So I feel pretty good about using up several oldies (but goodies) from my stash and a repurposed item for this card. Go Green!

I'd love to enter this sweet baby girl card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock; dark, medium and light pink cardstock from stash
  • The Paper Cut black crinkle paper; multi-color striped paper from stash
  • Jellypark "Baby Shoes" digital image
  • Copics: R00/20/22
  • Spellbinders Floral Ovals die
  • Cheery Lynn English Tea Party doily die
  • Repurposed button-up flap from gauze shirt; gray button brad
  • Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
  • Wild Orchid Crafts paper roses
  • MeiFlower bow
  • Sentiments from stash
  • Melissa Francis pink and white flat-back pearls



Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

15 comments:

  1. Precious baby card. Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

    Hugz Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a precious card. You did a fablous job with it. I know anyould be excited to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. Leslie:
    Your card is just adorable. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! That repurposed button flap is genius!!! Thanks for being a great leader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as a button. Love the frame and lo. Cutest little bow ever.

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet creation!! That is so cool how you used the button flap, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Leslie: You created a gorgeous baby girl card--I love it.

    Thank you for entering your cute card in Simply Create Too's Challenge #36 - "Babies".

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card, Leslie! Love all the pinks and those fabulous little roses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore the little shoes they look so pretty on your card. Thank you for sharing it with us over on Jellypark Friends.
    Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card, love that floral oval die too! very elegant! Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at As You Like It,

    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww, this is precious Leslie!! such a sweet baby card!

    Thank you so much for sharing @ Inspire Me Fridays!

    I just noticed you have a cat named poopie, too funny! we had one named barf! lol he didn't seem to mind too much! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way to add the button flap onto the card! Nice effect!
    Thanks for sharing at 365cards
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - love that fabulous Jellypark image x
    Thanks for playing along with us at stampin' for the weekend & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card... love the design and embellishments you've used - so perfect for a newborn!

    Thanks for sharing at In The Pink this time..

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card Leslie!! Love it and all the detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D