Monday, March 18, 2013

Branching Out

It's time to post my DT inspiration project for Love To Scrap! Challenge #2 - Emboss It! Come play with us! Our wonderful sponsor is The Crafting Boutique! Stacy has just moved her store to Zibbet.com, so go check it out! She's offering the winner of this challenge a $10 shopping spree at The Crafting Boutique!

I used the beautiful "Cockatoo" digi for my card. I have a little bit of 'spring fever' going on and wanted some color! I colored up this adorable little feathered friend with these Copics - YG13/17, E33/39, Y15/17, G24, R27 and YR18. I used Spellbinders Classic Circles and Labels Eighteen dies and embossed both die cuts. I also embossed the white background with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. The green striped paper is some I've had in my stash for several years. The sentiment is from GKD Falling For You stamp set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The ribbon is from Studios Blackbird that I got last month at the Heirloom Paper Arts Festival in Georgia. It's primarily yellow but has some shimmery green fibers in it - it's really gorgeous ribbon! I finished up the card with an assortment of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers (my absolute fav), and some white flat-back pearls and a few tiny red gemstones from my stash.

I love the way this turned out and it will be so perfect for someone who is embarking on a new adventure in life, whether it be a new job or a move to a new city or state! :)

I'd love to enter my card into the following challenges:


Thank so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

10 comments:

  1. This is very pretty Leslie !! I'm glad I wasn't the only one adding color to the cockatoo. The flowers on the side are a beautiful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Leslie!! Love all the goodies you added to your card too.. great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super dual embossing and lovely flowers. So fab to see such an unusual image. Great job!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you colored the bird and the flowers you added are perfect. Anyone who gets this card is one lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie:
    Your card is cute. And I love those bright colors in the bird. Superb. Nice to have you as our DT coordinator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Love the flowerspray with the big bow.

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is so well balanced in terms of its color and design. It is simply stunning! Thanks for another successful challenge reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card...love the flowers you used and that image is perfect! Great layout too :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge...good luck!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D