Thursday, September 6, 2012

Our friendship is Tailormade

Here it is... time to post another DT inspiration project for the Dutch Dare Card Challenge DDCC #181 - Sketch, sponsored by the wonderful Sassy Studio Designs! Where has this year gone?! I sure am ready for some Fall weather - enough of this hot stuff in north Florida! The sketch for this week's challenge is a fun one and I do love sketch challenges. Come play with us! I chose the sure enough sassy "Carrie Sassy" digi image for my friendship card, one of the images in the "Sassy in the City" collection. I kept the card fairly clean so as not to detract from the sketch, using only a metal corner and some WOC flowers in addition to the image and sentiment. All five squares are mounted on light and medium shades of purple cardstock for lots of layers. I created my own "lace" background for the outside squares with a new lace background stamp I just got, stamped with distress ink, which I really love!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock; light and medium purple cardstock
  • Sassy Studio Designs "Carrie Sassy" digital image
  • Copics: E000/00/33, Y15/21, G24, BV11/13/17, V17, RV25, R24
  • Great Impressions Lace Background stamp
  • Ranger Dusty Concord distress ink
  • Sentiment from Flourishes Feminine Charm stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Flonz Crafts metal corner
  • Wild Orchid Crafts flowers

Here's the sketch...





Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. I love your background lace stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at the Anything Goes Challenge at PCJ and good luck. Hugs, Gale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is lovely. I love the design. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leslie! Spotted your lovely card over at Crafts & Me and thought I'd say hello ;0) Seriously need to catch up on checking out all your Blockheads DT goodies too ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is super cute, I love that layout too!! Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! She is sassy for sure, great work Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card and I really love that sketch too Leslie. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D