Monday, December 19, 2016

so many smiles...

** 1/2/17 Winner at A Bit More Time To Craft! **
** 1/15/17 Best Technique Winner at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge! **

Hello, my crafty friends! Hope you all had a marvelous weekend! I got my craft on and created several projects, almost forgetting this one, lol! I generally stay so far ahead of myself that I totally forgot I didn't have this project made! Hahahaha! It's time for our last challenge of the year over at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog and I'm thrilled to share my DT inspiration project for LTSCB #92 - Anything Goes! We have three awesome sponsors again this time - Pickled Potpourri, A Creative Need and SheepSki Designs - so come on over and play!

Let me mention that this challenge will close a day early (on December 31st) so we can get ready for our new once-a-month challenge schedule January 1st. We've added a couple designers and a mid-way motivation post on the 15th! Hope to see you there! ;)

I chose the gorgeous Jo's Daffodils digi from SheepSki Designs for my all-occasion card. I initially thought 'birthday' but decided it could be used for other occasions as well. I colored this image to match the coordinating cardstock and patterned paper I had picked out, and cut it with one of my favorite stitched dies. I used a new curved scallop edge die to cut off the bottom right corner for a fun effect where I stamped the sentiment.


As much seam binding as I have in my stash, I had none that matched the cardstock and paper, so I colored some white seam binding with one of the Spectrum Noir markers used on the image. I then spritzed it, re-wrinkled it and hit it with heat tool to set the ink and dry it.


I kept the inside relatively simple, decorating the inside with leftover cardstock and paper used on the front, and stamping the other half of the sentiment.


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium white cardstock, Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry cardstock, Stampin' Up! Regals Designers Series Paper Stack
  • Stamps: SheepSki Designs Jo's Daffodils digital image, Stampin' Up! Petite Pairs stamp set
  • Ink: Spectrum Noir- GB3, GB6, GB7, BT1, BT3, IB3, CG2, IG1; Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Dies: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers die, YNS Curved Scallop Edge die
  • Accessories: Prairie Bird Boutique White wrinkled ribbon, Darice foam, Stampin' Up! Pearls

I hope you've found a little inspiration to play in our last challenge of the year with an 'anything goes' theme. Be sure to check out all the fun digis at Pickled PotpourriA Creative Need and SheepSki Designs! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

17 comments:

  1. So pretty, Leslie, and this gives us a hope of spring, for those of us stuck in winter's wrath! Pretty bow to match, and love the curvy scallop to allow room for that special sentiment. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and cheerful! As always, perfectly designed inside and out :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. I love the hint of white in the corner like that. Beautiful bow. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunny cheery card Leslie - just what is needed on a cold wet windy December day here!
    Have a lovely Christmas and thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous, love the design and colours, just perfect. Lovely work.

    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, Leslie! I love all of the yellow and your design is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, very pretty in these colourshade.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card, i love the design and the colours.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, Leslie!
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampers-Challenge
    Please come back again soon and merry Christmas!
    Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Leslie, your card looks really amazing.
    Thanks a lot for joining us at our second challenge by Sweet Stampers Challenge
    Hope to see you again, good luck.
    Hugs and greetings Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! I love that fun curve on the bottom and the striped paper is fabulous! And thanks for the tip about coloring your ribbon/seam binding! I knew you could do that with copics, but never thought about it with spectrum noirs. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a super floral creation for this months theme, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabulous creation thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry DT Sarahjayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful happy cheerful card, love what you've robe with Jo's Daffodils
    Andrea x
    SheepSki Designs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Lisa DT for:-  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Carla DT for:-  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D