Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy Meow Year

** 1/26/17 Top 3 at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog! **

Hi everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to a brand new year! I know I am! This is my last post with Creatalicious Challenges and I'd like to to thank Melanie and the rest of the team for having me along these past several months. I've thoroughly enjoyed myself! A new challenge is live this morning and I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for Challenge #106 - Anything Goes with Optional Happy New Year/Wishes! Our sponsor this time is The Paper Shelter, so come on over and play! We can't wait to see what you create!

I chose 'Happy Meow Year', one of my own images from The Paper Shelter, to create this new year card. I generally color my images but I used the pre-colored version this time because I really wanted to use the fun background paper and all the colors needed to match. The Paper Shelter always provides the most fun companion papers for their images which makes using the pre-colored versions hard to resist. I stamped some kitty footprints down the left side and embellished the banner with some rhinestones. I added a party hat charm and some smaller rhinestones to the stamped sentiment, and added my signature big bow.


I created some subtle ink splatters using a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Amethyst marker which gave the layering paper behind the focal image some pretty sparkle.


I embellished the inside with a couple strips of the leftover cardstock, and stamped a simple sentiment in the same green ink used to stamp the front sentiment.


Happy to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, Tomato Soup and Sweet Mango cardstock, Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla cardstock
  • Stamps: The Paper Shelter 'Happy Meow Year' digital image, Stampin' Up! 'And Many More' stamp set, Paper Smooches 'Feline Friends' and 'Word Salad' stamp sets
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Wild Wasabi ink, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Spectrum Noir Sparkle Amethyst marker
  • Accessories: Clear Wink of Stella, Prairie Bird Boutique yellow wrinkled ribbon, party hat charm, green rhinestones

I hope you've enjoyed this project and will consider playing in our challenge this time! Be sure to check out all the fun digis and papers over at The Paper Shelter - I know you won't be able to resist some of those cuties! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you soon! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card and love the image!!!

ann van dijk said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge Good luck Anneke DT for Creative Craft Cottage

Jolanda Breedvelt said...

Some party!! Cute!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Inspiration Destination Good luck!!
Jolanda
(DT member)

brenda said...

A really super fun creation for our Something New theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Larissa said...

This is a really fun card! I love the image. :) Thanks for joining us at the Di's digi designs challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a fun card!! Love it ..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.. Wish you a great year ahead!! Hugs Deepti

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.

Happy New Year!

Helen x

Nance said...

What a great, festive card and with one of your own images! Grand! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our Crazy Egg Challenge! Nance, DT 4CC

*Vicki* said...

Those silly kitty are a hoot!! Love your happy and fun design here! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! I hope you will join us for the new challenge this week too! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Elena Orsi said...

It's really beautiful.
Thank you for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs
Brown Sugar DT
creativEle

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card and love your image, great fun.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Something New' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Helene E said...

Wonderful image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week!

CraftyNatalie said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie - DT

Nathalie said...

So cute card. I love your image. Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
Nathalie DT

Margaret said...

Super cute use of the image. Great card design. Maggie, DT Teamie

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

lol...fun and fabulous! Lovin the design of this :o)