Wednesday, November 30, 2016

'Tis The Season

** 12/6/16 Top Pick at Sunny Day Crafting! **
** 12/16/16 Top 3 at artbymiran Challenge! **

Hi everyone! I hope those of you in the States had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I still can't believe it has come and gone, and I ask myself every day where this year has gone. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I look forward to it every year even though I know Christmas will be fast on it's heels. I'm happy to say that my Christmas cards are almost finished. Woo-hoo! It's time for another fun challenge over at Creatalicious Challenges and I'm proud to share my DT inspiration project for Challenge #104 - Anything Goes with optional Traditional Christmas Colors. Our sponsor this time is Art by MiRan so come on over and play - we can't wait to see what you create! We know you love the anything goes theme, and the traditional Christmas colors is optional and not required to enter our challenge!

I chose MiRan's 'Elfie Elizabeth' image to create with and isn't she just adorable?! I got a Scan N Cut a little over a month ago and this little gal was the very first image I cut with it. I'm in love! And I created my first-ever pointed panel gate fold card. This project was just F-U-N all the way around!


In keeping with the optional traditional Christmas colors (as any good DT member should do), I used lots of red and green! I used some relatively new Christmas papers, a couple dies and a new punch. I popped the image up on foam pads for a little dimension.


Here's a shot of this fun card opening to reveal the pointed panels. So much fun! I definitely see more of these in my future, lol!


And finally, a shot fully open revealing the inside sentiment stamped in green and red. There's nothing like a fun fold! ;)


Proud to enter this fun fold into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Real Red and Garden Green cardstock, Stampin' Up! Warmth & Cheer DSP
  • Stamps: Art by MiRan 'Elfie Elizabeth' digital image, Stampin' Up Versatile Christmas stamp set
  • Ink: Spectrum Noir- FS3, FS6, JG2, JG7, DR2, BG2, GB11, TN4, TN6; Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Overlay, Stampin' Up! Real Red and Garden Green ink
  • Dies/Punches: Stampin' Up! Word Window punch, Cottage Cutz Double-Stiched Ovals die, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals die
  • Accessories: Brother Scan N Cut, MISTI, Gold Wink of Stella, Stampin Dimensionals, Red Stampendous Dot Sparklers, Stampin' Up! Rhinestones

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and have found a little inspiration to create something for our challenge this time! We'd love to see your 'anything goes' project with optional traditional Christmas colors! Remember, the traditional colors are optional and not required to enter our challenge! Be sure to check out all the fun digis over at Art by MiRan - what an amazing artist! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

24 comments:

Gail said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the fold is outstanding. What GREAT plaid paper! GREAT card, Leslie! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for our Anything Goes with Christmas challenge! Hugs, Gail

samantha's cards said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at CCC.

cotnob said...

A brilliant card, such a fabulous design and beautiful image.
Thank you for sharing with us again at Christmas with the Cuties.
Pauline
x

Debbie said...

Wow! Wonderful card!
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jill Vickers said...

I love the design of this card - the way it opens is incredible! Such a fun design - thanks for sharing with us at Time Out! Jill

MaryV said...

Gorgeous! Love th design! Thank you for sharing at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Jean said...

Great card loving the image. Brilliant style of card, I might have to try it.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's. Hope to see you again.
Jean DT x

Rene said...

She's so cute!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

Michelle said...

Adorable. Lovely card shape.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

Kathie said...

Love this adorable image and I love her long hair, she is very cute and you've finished her beautifully with those wonderful design papers. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie PPCC~DT

Helen Haines said...

Love the design, great card. Thank you for joining us at The Craft Addicts. Helen DT

k.m.meena Herale said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

Lia said...

This is an amazing shape. Love it!
Lia, DT S4F

Elle Kay said...

Such a cute card and image! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge blog!

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute and adorable card! Another fabulous fancy fold...I don't know where you find the time :o) Great seeing you again at Scrapping4fun
Tina dt

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...


What A fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way...
Thank you for taking part in the Art By Miran Challenge ... Hugs Tracy

Agnieszka Koter said...

Hey,
beautiful work, great digi and colors.
Thank you for taking part in the challenge on Scrapping4funChallenges
Agnieszka DT

Jenny Colacicco said...

Beautiful card and lovely family!!! Love the bike pic :) Thanks for sharing at Time Out! Jenny x

Margaret said...

Fabulous card. I loved this image and your coloring is amazing. Maggie, Creatalicious DT Teamie

chanya13 said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation.
Thank you for joining in with Creative Inspirations.
Hugs Agnieszka, chanya13

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. Good luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT

Sara Pyper said...

What a super card!! I love the traditional colors you used!! And that fold is way to much fun!!!
Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!!