Friday, November 4, 2016

Merry Christmas

** 11/9/16 Top 3 at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog! **

Hi everybody! OMG, we're bounding into November, and Christmas will be here before we know it. How are you doing with your Christmas cards? I've made a few random ones over the last couple months to add to my stash, and have begun working on my 'big pile' to mail out... working on them assembling-line style. I'm pretty confident I'll have them finished by the first week in December!

It's time for another fun challenge over at Craft for the Craic where I began my guest designer gig last month. I'm excited to share my inspiration project for our 2 Colors Challenge - we'd love to see your project using just two colors on project. You may add a neutral color if you'd like. I created a Christmas card from leftover red and green scraps and added white as my neutral color.


This was such a fun and easy design. I used strips leftover from panels cut for my pile of Christmas cards. My scraps happened to all the same width so I alternated the red and the green to make the background which I layered on white and then green. I stamped a large sentiment in green on heavy vellum and layered it on the green cardstock.


I decorated the inside with a couple scrap pieces and stamped the sentiment in red, then layered the panel on the green cardstock. Green is my favorite color... can you tell?! :)


I'm happy to to enter this Christmas card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Real Red cardstock, Stampin' Up! Trim The Tree DSP, Marco's Vellum
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Seasonally Scattered stamp set, Paper Smooches Holiday Cheer stamp set
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Garden Green and Real Red ink
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Pearls

I hope you've enjoyed this project and have found a little inspiration to play in our challenge this month using just two colors plus a neutral if you'd like. Fun, fun, fun! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

mypurplehouse said...

Wonderful! I love your paper choices - this is simple but not - it is great! Thanks for joining the Little Miss Muffet Challenge this week.
Lyn

Kuni said...

What a wonderful card.
Hugs
Kuni
my new challenge blog start on the 10th november and i hope to see you.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Leslie thank you for joining us over on
Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

Roshini's Crafts said...

nice card with bright colours..

hugs,
Dt
Roshini..
brown sugar challenge

nwilliams6 said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Love your wonderful use of scraps and the really happy feel of this Christmas card. Well done and thanks for playing with us in the DRS Designs challenge!

Janette said...

Hi Lesley, I just fell in lo e with your card as soon as I saw it, and what a good use of papers too...so glad you joined us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Barbara Washburn said...

This is a great way to use scraps! I love the idea and look of this card. Thanks for sharing with Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT

Lisa said...

Terrific Christmas card, love the papers you used!

Thanks for sharing with us at the LMMS challenge!

Cindy said...

Lovely card. Love how you used so many papers :-) Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz.

Petra Meijboom said...

Beautiful Christmas card, I love the traditional colours.
Thank you for joining Pearly sparkles challenge blog

Cara said...

This is just stunning, love it. Sorry, I'm late visiting you, but thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x

CraftyNatalie said...

Great creation, thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations this fortnight.
Natalie - DT

suzARTe said...

The Christmas patterned paper background looks great, such a festive and happy card.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes November link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fabulous Christmas card and way to use those scraps! It's very festive with all the different papers...love it!

Crafty Pearly said...

Superb make... I love everything about this :) Thank you so much for joining us at Pearly Sparkles. Traci DT xx

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Super card, love the design and layout, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Julia Spiri Challenge this month!
Hugs Donna (dt)
xx