Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Hope your birthday rocks!

** 11/15/16 Best Technique Winner at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge **

Hello there, crafty friends! Yep, it's the 1st so you'll be seeing a few posts from me today! I hope November is off to a great start for you! It's time for another fun all-crafts challenge over at Love To Craft Challenge Blog and I'm excited to share my DT inspiration project with you for November Anything Goes! We'd love to see whatever you're working on!

You know I'm a fancy fold fanatic so I created a Double Z-Fold. This was my first attempt and I really love how it turned out! It was for my son's 30th birthday - he's my baby and he's a musician (drums and guitar) so I wanted to create something really fun - and he loved it!


I kept with a masculine black and white color combo, using a couple coordinating patterned paper with silver metal studs for that 'manly factor' and silver mirror cardstock for layering.


I've had these rubber stamps for a couple years - purchased with my son in mind - and had never used them! What's wrong with that picture?! It was way past time to break them out! I cut the tiny musical notes from red cardstock for a little added pop of color.


Here's a front shot of the opened-up Z-fold.


What a fun sentiment that gets right to the point!


And finally, an overhead shot. Very happy with how this turned out! I see more of these in my future, lol!


Proud to enter this fun fold into the following challenges

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Black Onyx and White cardstock, GKD Cherry Red cardstock scrap, Marco's Silver Mirror cardstock, The Paper Cut Diagonal Stripes and Plaid patterned papers
  • Stamps: The Stamp Doctor Drum Set stamp and Birthday Rocks sentiment stamp 
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Accessories: Basic Grey silver metal studs

I hope you've enjoyed this project and will consider entering whatever it is you're working on in our Anything Goes challenge this month! I happen to have some first-hand news... Love To Craft Challenge Blog is going to have another giveaway when we reach 200 followers! Be sure to tell all your friends, and go ahead and grab our badge for your sidebar to help spread the crafty love! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you one more time this morning! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

  1. So beautiful Z-fold card! Love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it I love it I love it. This is sensational. Fantastic Double-Z Fold Card Masculine Music Card for you son, he must have been thrilled. Love your gorgeous designer papers and touch of the metal,your stamps are just perfect. Great job. I also was thrilled to see you display various photos of this design to showcase it so wonderfully. Well done and a real pleasure to visit your blog and view your work.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome card for your son! Love the design!
    Thank you for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting!
    ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super impressed, this is awesome! Thank you for sharing at Julia Spiri!Jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at CCC Digi Creations Challenge.

    hugs
    Claudia
    DT CCC Digi Creations Challenge
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning card!
    Thank you for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting challenge. Hope to see you again very soon. Mary DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Z-fold card. Love the monochrome design along with silver metal elements and silver mirror card. Fantastic masculine card.Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Crafts Galore Encore November Challenge, “Anything Goes”. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
    Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)



    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous male card Leslie. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Lisa DT for:-  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm listening to some really great music at the moment so it's appropriate that I am making a comment on your card. I love the drums and I love this card, it really does rock.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes November link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D