Monday, November 7, 2016

Happy Birthday

Hi everyone! Well, this past weekend was daylight savings time - I definitely like falling back better than springing forward, but I really wish the time could just stay the same year round. The Love To Scrap Challenge Blog DT has had a week off and we're ready to get back into the action with another fun challenge! I'm excited to share my DT inspiration project for LTSCB #89 - Fancy My Fold! We're being sponsored this time by Oddball Art Co., StarStampz and All Dressed Up Stamps, so come on over and play! Fancy folds, or fun folds as many people call them, are my addiction!

This was my first attempt at a center easel card and I'm really loving how it turned out! I've been on another fancy fold kick for the past few months and when I found this one, I really wanted to give it a try. I dug into my stash of All Dressed Up Stamps images and decided on the adorable 'Happy Birthday' image as the focal image for this fun fold. Isn't this little ballerina just the cutest ever?!


I immediately decided on a yellow and pink color combo when I sat down to color her, so I paired the yellow cardstock matching her hair with a pink and yellow dotted paper from my Bold Basics paper stack. I used sentiment stamps from a couple different stamp sets, a couple flourish die cuts and some punched flowers with rhinestone centers.


Here's a side angle shot showing the simple construction.


And the best part is... it folds completely flat for mailing! :)


Happy to enter this fun fold into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock, Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo and Rose Red cardstock, GKD Wild Dandelion cardstock, Recollections Bold Basics Paper Pad
  • Stamps: All Dressed Up Stamps 'Happy Birthday' digi, Stampin' Up! 'Balloon Celebrations', 'Endless Birthday Wishes' and 'Something To Say' stamp sets, GKD 'Folk Filigree' stamp set
  • Ink: Spectrum Noir- CT1, CT2, FS2, FS3, FS6, FS8, Spectrum Noir Pink Garnet Sparkle, Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Dies/Punches: Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Ovals die, JustRite Stitched Oval and Vine dies, Stampin' Up! Flower punch from Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Stampin' Up! 1-1/4" Circle punch
  • Accessories: Darice pink foam, Stampin' Up! Rhinestones

I hope you've found a little inspiration to create a fancy fold project for our challenge this time! Be sure to check out all the fun digital images at Oddball Art Co., StarStampz and All Dressed Up Stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

  1. What a great easel card, Leslie -- it's adorable and certainly awesome for that special birthday person !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Leslie this is so adorable! What a sweet card! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I haven't seen a center easel before; what a fun fold!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous fold,beautiful image and paper -not seen that fold before----Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful easel card! So cute image! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! Hope to see you again and good luck! Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights Challenge Hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and great use of the fold card. Looks fab! Thanks for joining us at All Dressed Up and good luck, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great creation, thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations this fortnight.
    Natalie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leslie, beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delight's Challenge Blog.

    xxMieke DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable and cute card!! I love the color combo. I haven't tried one of these folds yet...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D