Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Season's Greetings

Hey, friends! I'm still kickin' it as an October guest designer for MHK Designs and I'm having an absolute blast sharing projects with you each day as the new digi sets are released! We're on the fourth release and we have one more to go. So glad you're hanging in with us... I hope you're in love with all the sets released like I am! :)

This is Day 4 of the October Release and I have an elegant 3-D holiday card to share with you, one I created with the 'Perfect Poinsettias' digi set. This is my favorite of all the cards I've created for the October releases. I'm thrilled with how pretty this turned out; it's almost realistic. I printed the image twice on white antique linen cardstock and colored them both. I used one of them as the base which I cut with a stitched circle die, then fussy cut all the leaves from the second colored image and attached each leaf separately.


As you know, I'm in love with my stitched dies and layered the base image on another one cut from gold Glimmer paper. Sadly, this was the 'last hoorah' for my Eyelet Lace punch, though... it jammed and won't punch anymore. But at least I got one last pretty punched background that I layered on red cardstock. The front and inside sentiments were also printed on white antique linen cardstock and I cut the front sentiment into a double fishtail banner and adhered it beneath the poinsettia.


Here's a shot from a different angle so you can see the dimension. So pretty! :)


I layered the inside sentiment on red cardstock and embellished it with a strip of the gold Glimmer paper, then layered the entire panel on more of the red cardstock.


Proud to enter this sparkly Christmas card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and Cherry Red cardstock, Marco's  White Antique Linen cardstock, Stampin' Up! Gold Glimmer paper
  • Stamps: MHK Designs 'Perfect Poinsettias' digital stamp set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black dual tip marker, Zig Clean Color Geranium Red, Wine Red, Medium Green and Olive Green
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers dies, Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace punch
  • Accessories: Gold hex nail art

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out the new releases at the MHK Designs store! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Big scrappy hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

  1. That eyelet lace square really caught my eye and your wonderful bold coloring of the image, too. You made me want to get out my punches and give them a go again. TFS! kReN@afourthlife. P.S. Put your punch in the freezer for awhile. That works for me when I have a punch that jams. Depending on the brand, sometimes they will send you a replacement. That pattern is so pretty, I am guessing you will want to see it again, my friend! kReN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I adore the fabulous gold glitter matting you did for this image! The layout is amazing and your coloring is stunning, as well! This is totally perfect, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Poinsettia is stunning! Love the sparkle! Thank so much for playing along with us at HLS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card, wonderful details, your flower is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poinsettia, love the layers and the sparkle. Thanks for playing with us at HLS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D