Thursday, October 20, 2016

Let's Celebrate

Hi everyone! Well, my gig as an October guest designer for MHK Designs is sadly coming to an end. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed sharing my projects with you over the last several days. I know you'll agree that all of the sets released are fantastic, along with the awesome paper packs!

This is Day 5 of the October Release and I have a fun New Year's card to share using the super awesome vintage 'New Years Greetings' digital stamp set. I absolutely love a red and black color combo - one of my favorites actually - and this card has just enough red with the black to make it pop. I printed the image, background paper and inside sentiment on white antique linen cardstock and layered it on black cardstock.


The background paper is from MHK Designs 'Well Suited Patterned Papers' digital paper pack. Isn't it awesome?! I added a couple musical note die cuts, several white sequins and a massive crocheted flower! OMG, I love it!


I kept the inside simple with a sentiment from the set and layered the panel on the black cardstock.


I'm happy to enter this fun card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock, GKD Cherry Red cardstock scrap, Marco's White Antique Linen cardstock, Marco's Black cardstock, MHK Designs 'Well Suited Patterned Papers' digital paper pack
  • Stamps: MHK Designs 'New Years Greetings' digital stamp set
  • Dies/Punches: Paper Smooches Musical Notes dies
  • Accessories: Crocheted flower from stash, white Doodlebug Design sequins

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out the new releases at the MHK Designs store! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Big scrappy hugs,
Leslie

2 comments:

Donna said...

Stunning card with the pop of red, like the flower and sequin embellishments! I've enjoyed all your cards this release. So glad you joined us as a guest designer. Donna MHK Design Team

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!