Saturday, October 1, 2016

hello my friend

Hey there, crafty friends! I'm baaaack! Woo-hoo - time sits still for no one, lol! House of Cards is launching it's October challenge this morning and I'm really excited to share my DT inspiration project with you for Gate Fold and/or Colors! Check out this gorgeous inspiration photo! Is this not the most wonderful color palette?!


I created a peek-a-boo gate fold which was so much fun! I sure do love me some fancy folds! ;) I love this one so much that I've already designed a Christmas card using this fold and am getting ready to make a pile more, lol! This one has a magnet closure under the square flap but the Christmas cards will not. ;)


Cardstock, stamps, ink and punches are all from Stampin' Up! I used a fun Spellbinders die from a set that hasn't been used in a while. And before you say it... nope, there's no ribbon or bow on this card! LOL, how did that happen?!


I went nuts with the splatters and splotches on the inside, and even added some clear Wink of Stella to the large ones. I thought the cascading flowers and heart were a nice touch. :)


Would love to enter this fun fold into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Bermuda Bay cardstock, Stampin' Up! Brights DSP Stack
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Something To Say, And Many More, Butterfly Basics, Hello and Gorgeous Grunge
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Lost Lagoon, Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana ink
  • Dies/Punches: Spellbinders Square Swatches die, Stampin' Up! Flower and Heart Punches from Itty bitty Accents Punch Pack
  • Accessories: Clear Wink of Stella

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and have found a little inspiration to play in our Gate Folds challenge this month! Or create something using the colors! C'mon, you can do it! We want to see what you got! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

12 comments:

Billie A said...

Pretty card and love the monochromatic look. Thanks for sharing over at Inspiration Destination.
Billie A
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Creative with Stamps
Aud Sentiments

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jane Knudsen said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the gorgeous details! jane hoc teamie

MHK Designs said...

Totally beautiful, Leslie! I adore the stamped texture, the monochrome colors, and the lovely little flowers and hearts sprinkled all over! Amazing creation, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Annette Stapylton said...

Oh this is just so beautiful. I love your design and love those colours, just perfect. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is a great folded card! I love the unique channel in the center. It turned out great, and I love that fun green!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

suzARTe said...

Such a cheerful card Leslie, i love the papers you have used and the overall design is great.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes October link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

Creative world said...

Gorgeous card, awesome design and lovely color combo... Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge this week
Zeljka DT

cazazzled said...

Stunning project thank you for taking part in the challenge
DT http://thecraftyaddicts.blogspot.co.uk/

PLISSA ADD said...

Es una belleza de tarjeta! me encantan los colores y la forma tan original que usaste... Gracias por compartir. Abrazos. Paula.

Leslie said...

Thank you, Paula! I'm publishing your comment in English: is a beautiful card! I love the colors and so original way you used ... Thanks for sharing. Hugs. Paula.

Laine Kammeraad said...

Absolutely love your card!!

Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Laine DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...