Monday, September 5, 2016

Celebrate

Hi everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! If you're in the States, then you're celebrating Labor Day today and extending your weekend just a bit longer! I'm stoked to share my Love To Scrap Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #85 - Flower Power! Our wonderful sponsors this time are Little Blue Button StampsBugaboo Digi Stamps, and Pickled Potpourri, so come on over and play with us for a chance to win an awesome prize!

I chose the absolutely adorable 'Shake Those Tail Feathers' digital image from Pickled Potpourri for my Celebrate card. This image is versatile and can be used for a variety of occasions. My granddaughter is trying out for her middle school cheer team, and has made the first cut. I'm anticipating (as is my daughter) that she'll make the team, so this card is for her! UPDATE: She made the team! Yay! ;)


I used a primarily red, orange and yellow color palette, played with some of my favorite stitched dies and my Crystal Drops, and added my signature big bow. And this was my first time using Ranger distress crayons and OMG, I think I'm in love all over again, lol! Lots of fun products used on this card! :D


I decorated the inside with some leftover strips of the colored cardstock used on the front, and layered the sentiment.


I'm happy to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, Tomato Soup and Sweet Corn cardstock; GKD Red Hot cardstock scraps
  • Stamps: Pickled Potpourri 'Shake Your Tail Feathers' digital image; Stampin' Up! Endless Birthday Wishes and Something To Say stamp sets
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! ink- Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red; Ranger Distress Crayons- Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, Peeled Paint, Festive Berries, Rusty Hinge and Fossilized Amber
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers dies, Stampin' Up! Flower punch from Itty Bitty Accents Punch Set
  • Accessories: Clear Wink of Stella, MISTI, Studios Blackbird ribbon, yellow Darice foam, Crystal Drops- Red Berry, Ripened Pumpkin and Dandelion Yellow, Stampin' Up! Rhinestones

I hope you've found a little inspiration to play in our Flower Power challenge this time! Be sure to check out all the fun goodies at  Little Blue Button StampsBugaboo Digi Stamps, and Pickled Potpourri! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)

This card is for sale at Hippie Chick Designs! :)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

15 comments:

Lillian A said...

How cute is this, Leslie, and I hope you're shaking your tail feathers and having fun!! Great use of the enamel dots.

Robin said...

This is so adorable! I am loving the tail wagging in the air! Hugs, Robin

Heather said...

Very cute!! Love the colors you used and the layout is so fun! Best of luck to your granddaughter!

Jasmina said...

What a cute card. Love how colorful it is. The bow is fabulous. I'm sure your granddaughter will love this card. Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chana Harris said...

Love the bold design elements. The colors are big and bold as are your embellishments. This is a fun project with loads of personality! Great Job! Thanks for Rocking out our front porch this week at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Valentina Ivanova said...

So cute card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges.Hope to see you again next week. Hugs, Valentina DT

Kat W said...

This is delightful; so fun and colourful and what a cute image :-)
Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Ribbon Girl!
Kat x

Ann Chuang said...

Such a cute and delightful image!

Sue Hickey said...

Great card thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights blog Challenge Sue DT xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Too cute!! Your granddaughter will love this. I love the bright vibrant colors.

lalkygirl said...

What a fabulous card ,love the sweet chick and your sentiment is perfect ..
Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ and good luck in the challenge
Tracey X

M DelValle said...

Super cute card! Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a awesome and cute creative design. Awesome colors, digi, and bellies. Thanks so much for your entry in the 613 Avenue Create challenge.

cecilia gunnarsson said...

How cute!!!
A wonderful creation ! Love The colours and The design is so great !!Thank you so much for play Along in our challenge at Scrappers Delight this time. I hope you join again next challenge.
HUGS :0) Cicci, DT Scrappers Delights
Cicci Vid Pennan {My Blog}