Monday, August 1, 2016

Life's better on the beach...

** 8/5/16 Top 3 at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge! **

Hi everyone! Happy first day of August! I hope you have an amazing week coming up! It's time for another fun challenge over at My Crafting Stories and I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for Challenge #8 - Anything Goes with Red and White. We're being sponsored by Angie's Digital Stamps so come on over and play!

I chose the adorable 'At The Beach' digi for my beach card. I do not consider myself an artist but have to admit I had fun creating this scene! And it just so happens that I bought the awesome beach sentiment stamp a month or so ago... perfect timing, lol!


I created the sand, sky and water with Spectrum Noir markers, then added the fussy-cut image, cloud die cuts and hand-drawn birds. In keeping with the challenge theme of a red and white color combo, I added a red heart die cut, a red multi-loop bow and red Gumdrops, and layered the panel on red cardstock.


I kept the inside relatively simple with another stamped sentiment, and layered the panel on more of the red cardstock.


Proud to enter this summer card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and Red Hot cardstock
  • Stamps: Angie's Digital Stamps 'At The Beach' digital image, Great Impressions 'Life's Better' and 'Summer Days' rubber stamps
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spectrum Noir- IG1, IG2, IG4, IG5, IG6, BG1, CR8, CR11, TB1, TB3, TB4; White Sakura Gelly Roll pen, Copic Black Multi-Liner pen
  • Dies/Punches: Paper Smooches Cosmos Icons dies
  • Accessories: Clear Wink of Stella, YNS red Gumdrops, MISTI

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and are inspired to create a project using red and white! And be sure to check out all the fun digis at Angie's Digital Stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

  1. Fun summer card! TFS it with Brown Sugar Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Leslie! I love all the projects you submitted this month! Very nice work, lady! Thanks for dropping this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy challenges.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! So bright and sunny! The scene is so realistic - wow!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Good luck and hope to see you next time too!
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this!!?? Love this little beach scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D