Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Happy Anniversary

Hi everyone! I'm thrilled to share some exciting news... I've joined the Creatalicious Challenges design team! Woo-hoo! So excited - this team is made up of some really talented ladies from all over the world! I'm happy to share my debut project for Challenge #98 - Anything Goes with optional Anniversary! We're being sponsored this time by Simon Says Stamp, so come on over and play! I created an anniversary card featuring a bold floral background with an assortment of paper flowers and a stamped sentiment on a hand-cut fishtail flag. The front flap of the card base is cut about 3/4" shorter than the back flap. I'm really happy with how this turned out. :)


I decided on a red, black and white color combo which I think is very romantic and perfect for an anniversary card. I layered a pretty floral print vellum over a bold polka dot print which I layered on thick foam and then onto red and black cardstock layers.


I kept the inside fairly simple with a stamped sentiment on the white panel which I embellished with strips of the polka dot paper and black cardstock from the front, then layered the entire panel on the red cardstock.


Proud to enter this anniversary card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler cardstock, Marco's Black cardstock, GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock scrap, Stampin' Up! Regals Designer Series Paper Stack, Stampin' Up! Sheer Perfection Designer Vellum Stack
  • Stamps: Leave Memories With One Stamp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler ink
  • Dies/Punches: 
  • Accessories: Black Commotion Almost Leather, Assorted WOC flowers, MISTI

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and are inspired to play with us in our Anything Goes challenge - and we'd love to see you challenge your creativity with the optional twist of Anniversary! Be sure to check out Simon Says Stamp - I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you'll find something you just can't live without! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely crafted indeed! Congratulations on your new DT appointment. Your wonderful work will be a great addition to their challenge! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely. Thanks for sharing your art with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Leslie on getting into the DT, you will be a huge asset to the team. I love this card, the cluster of flowers looks great and I love the patterned paper as well.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card. Lovely papers and image.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flower against the background really gives it a rich look. Thanks for sharing over at Inspiration Destination.
    Billie A
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D