Saturday, August 13, 2016

dude

Hi everyone! I'm certainly not complaining, but this week has literally flown by! I almost feel like I've somehow lost a couple days, lol! It's time for another fun challenge over at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog and I'm so stoked to shared my DT inspiration project for Challenge #38 - Anything Goes. Come on over and play with us! I think you'll agree that we have some pretty awesome sponsors this time:




Woot-woot! How about that?! ;) I chose the super cool KennyK Stamps 'Frankie Knuckles' image from my stash for my any occasion guy card. I L.O.V.E. this image and what fun this was to color!


Papers and embellishments were kept at a bare minimum for this kind of CAS card. After all, cool guys really don't dig you going overboard with embellishments. This patterned paper looked so good with the navy cardstock, and the only other thing needed were a few gray flat-back pearls.


I decorated the inside with a scrap of the patterned paper used on the front which I layered on the navy cardstock. The front and inside sentiments are from a relatively new stamp set that went perfectly with this image. :D


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and In The Navy cardstock, GKD Pool Side 6x6 patterned paper
  • Stamps: KennyK Stamps Frankie Knuckles digi, Paper Smooches Word Salad and Incognito stamp sets
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spectrum Noir- IG1, IG2, IG4, IG6, IG7, FS2, FS3, LY3, CG4, TB1; Black Copic Multi-Liner pen
  • Accessories: MISTI, Doodlebug Design flat-back pearls

I hope you've enjoyed this project and have found a little inspiration to create something for our Anything Goes challenge this time! We know you love that theme! And be sure to check out all the fun goodies at Toadstool PrintablesLacy Sunshine and KennyK Stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

22 comments:

  1. Hello Leslie

    Thank you so much for making your fab card for our challenge at Crafty Friends ... its a very stylish looking card. Enjoy your weekend.

    Crafty Hugs
    Diane Louise (Team Leader at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say it, I LOVE IT.
    Great image and great colouring and love the design and colours, just super perfect. Great work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool Dude . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great masculine card.. love it.. Thank you so much for joining our 64th challenge at Artbymiran Challenge Blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge and Good Luck at the draw.. <3

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it...you've rocked a masculine card which challenges me to the max. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back again, and again, super fabulous masculine card. I just love it. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it,you can never go wrong with a kenny k image,thank you for joining in with us at world wide open and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely subtle colouring and great words. Thank you for joining us at Julia Spiri, Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crisp and cute card - the gingham looks great. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my friend Leslie!! I get to have a DT hat while cruising blogs! I love this card. What a fabulous image and you've colored it wonderfully! Guy cards are so hard for me and you've nailed it! GREAT card. Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie's for our WORK REST OR PLAY CHALLENGE! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, perfect man card :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Leslie… I'm back again to see your lovely male themed card, this time for a different challenge blog... Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge…
    [Crafty Hugs, Diane-Louise DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great masculine card Leslie! Love the colors & design! Thanks for joining us at Cute As A Button!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this week must have been enchanted or something because it feels like I lost some days too. I love your card though. He is so cool this dude and I like the paper and design you picked.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Artbymiran. Best of luck! Nick DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card!! Great image and lovely colouring!! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Cute As A Button Challenge Blog! Hugs Victoria (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colouring and fab card. Thx for playing with us at Julia Spiri Challengeblog and hope to see you soon again.
    Hugs DT Ann-Marie / Annemi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a dude..great card Leslie. Love the cas design and your colour choices too. Thanks for playing along with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Cute as a Button and Julia Spiri. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a daper young man and a fabulous masculine card. Well done.

    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Laine DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe how the days are flying by, as my mum says it's important to make the most of each day. You have used one of my favourite images on this card, I love your colouring and the paper goes so well on the background.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous make...Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Open...And good luck..Hope to see you again soon..

    Caz x
    [Caz DT for World Wide Open DT Challenge]
    My Blog


    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D