Friday, July 1, 2016

Another Birthday?

** 8/1/16 Best Technique Winner at Classic Design Team Open Challenge Blog! **

Hi everyone! Can you believe it's July 1st?! We're over halfway through this year, by golly, and as I've said before... Christmas will be here before we know it! It's time for another fun challenge over at My Crafting Stories and I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for Challenge #7 - Birthday! Come on over and play with us!

I chose some really fun Great Impressions stamps for my birthday card. I used a combination of a Z fold and a Joy fold, which I'm calling a Z-Joy fold, lol! You know I love my fancy folds! It was for my hubby and he loved it!


In keeping with a masculine feel for my better half, I used mainly kraft, black and a diagonal pattern with both colors for the Z-fold portion, and added ivory panels to the joy fold portion to stamp on.


How about that retro rod?! L.O.V.E. this stamp!


Here's a close-up of the inside panel. You can't see it, but I added some clear Wink of Stella to the 'paint job' and it looks GOOD! ;)


Here's another shot so you can see the cool construction of this!


And one final shot of how it closes. This was so much fun! :D


I'd love to enter this fun card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Marco's Brown Bag and Black cardstock, brown cardstock scrap, GKD Pure Luxury Ivory
  • Stamps: Great Impressions- Another Birthday?, Retro! and Flaming Truck rubber stamps
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spectrum Noir- CT4, OR1, DR3, IG4, IG5
  • Dies/Punches: Silhouette Gears cut file
  • Accessories: MISTI, clear Wink of Stella, black Copic multi-liner pen, Basic Grey Metal Studs

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and have gotten a little inspiration to create a project for our Birthday challenge this month! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is the perfect card for a guy! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!! I bet the hubby did love this. Love the design with that fold :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing card, great colouring and love the Z fold. Thanks for joining in over at Ecletic Ellapu this time.
    Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation!

    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge July ATG.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love your design its just perfect. Great work and a real pleasure to visit your blog and view your work. Beautifully illustrated on your blog too.

    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]


    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great guy card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Your Scrapbook Place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great style of card, fab car image with the bright colours.

    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Tracey DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paint job on your truck totally pops against the neutrals of the rest of the card! Very nice work.
    Thanks for joining Eclectic Ellapu’s July challenge!

    -DT NieNie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so amazing. All the hardwork you put into making it was certainly worth it. The main image of the truck really stands out and I love the other details as well.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D