Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Vera & Mabel Dancing for House of Cards End of Term Blog Hop!

Hi everyone! Happy first day of June! Can you believe it?! It's the end of the term at House of Cards and several of our designers are leaving and several are staying, so our lovely blog owner has organized an End of Term Blog Hop to bid those leaving a fond farewell and to say thanks to those staying. Isn't that awesome?! The hop will start on June 1st at 6:00 AM and run through June 15th at Noon CST.

You should have arrived here from sweet Katy's blog! If not, then you'll definitely want to head over to the HOC Blog to start from the beginning. Trust me, you don't want to miss a thing! Our DT has been busy creating some pretty awesome projects for your hopping pleasure! Be sure to leave comments at all the stops because there are hidden prizes and random drawings will be done from the blogs where prizes are hidden! And after you complete the hop, link up a project using this fabulous inspiration photo for an extra chance to win! Woot-woot! All prizes will be announced June 20th. Can't wait to see how this photo inspires you!



We have some really amazing sponsors! Here's the lineup...

Prize: Prize package

Any 3 products of choice

Prize: $25 gift certificate

Prize: 3 digital images


Let me side-track you for a minute to showcase my project. :) My inspiration came from the party theme and the colors in the inspiration photo. I used Vera & Mabel Dancing the Charleston and the Make History sentiment stamp, both from Great Impressions. I've had these stamps for about six months and when I got them out for this project, I fell madly in love with these little old ladies who remind me so much of my BFF and I. You'll be seeing more of Vera & Mabel, as I just ordered the rest of the stamps in this line, lol!


Aren't these ladies adorable?! They sure look like they're having fun! I decided on CAS for this project because I wanted all the focus on them! CAS is not easy for me because I love layers, ribbon, bows and embellishments, but I think I pulled it off fairly well with just a few stitched layers and sequins! I used some Glossy Accents on their glasses, and I also used Crystal Drops for the first time - green for the center of the flowers on their hats and white for the pearls on their jewelry. They really hold their dimension well. I think I love Crystal Drops! I hope so... I bought 28 colors, lol! ;)


I used more stitched layers on the inside and stamped an amusing sentiment to go with the dancing ladies on the front! ;)



Your next stop on the hop will be the lovely Linda's blog! Remember to leave comments as you hop for a chance at some really nice prizes!

Proud to enter these sweet little ladies into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Turquoise Sea and Innocent Pink cardstock, Marco's Silver Mirror cardstock
  • Stamps: Great Impressions Vera & Mable Dancing the Charleston and Make History stamps
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Spectrum Noir- FS3, LY3, PP2, IG3, IG4, IG5, CR1, CR2, CR3, LG5, BT2, BT4, CG2
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Layers dies
  • Accessories: Glossy Accents, Woodland Green and White Crystal Drops, Doodlebug Design teal sequins

Hope you've enjoyed today's project. Don't forget to leave comments at all the blog hop stops (say that three times fast, lol) for a chance to be the random winner of a hidden prize on one of our designers' blogs! And get another chance at a sponsor prize by linking up a project using the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)

This card is not for sale at Hippie Chick Designs - has been snatched up by a co-worker! :)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

31 comments:

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Awesome! I LOVE your card! That image is so cute and funny!

Katy said...

I love your little old ladies too! Wonderful card and super fun! Love the sequins too! :) -Hugs Katy HOC DT

Merethe Arstein said...

These ladies are so funny... nice card.
(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

MHK Designs said...

Leslie, I adore this card so much!!! The image is SUPER fun, and I adore the layered and stitched frames! The sequins are the perfect finishing touch, too! Thank you SO MUCH for all you've done this past term at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - love Vera and Mabel - I have received cads using them but don't have any of the stamps. Your sequin placement is perfect and adds such a fun element.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Love this happy and sassy card! Fabulous CAS design to let those girls take the show :o) Love it!

Jerrie said...

Oh your card is so cute! Those gals look like my BFF and I too...well, except the gray hair!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Leslie, this is adorable! It's such an honor to work with you at HOC.
Hugs,
Em xxx

Stir Your Creativity said...

Super duper fun card. Both ladies are rocking

Dotty Jo x said...

Your card is perfect... Just my style! I'm stepping down from HOC and will miss being part of such a fab team. All the best for the future and keep creating your fabulous cards, Jo x

Michele Henderson said...

This card is adorable, Leslie! I love the image and your fun take on the inspiration photo!
Take care!
Michele

Carole Robb Bisson said...

They sure are perky colorful old gals. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art in the #232-#233 - Anything Goes FF Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
Blessings, Carole

Annette Stapylton said...

Beautiful colours, fabulous image and fabulous sentiment. Just perfect.
Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Annette Stapylton said...

Again gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Mary Holshouser said...

Love these ladies - somebody I can relate to.
they have so much fun.
Great card.
thanks for sharing.

Julie Odil said...

This card is super fun! I love the Vera and Mabel characters, too. You've made a wonderful card!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

love your card, the ladies are great , the colours and cas style really work. jane x

María Pilar said...

What a funny card! I love it so much.

mylittlecraftblog said...

I LOVE the clean and simple design of this card that lets those happy ladies shine!

Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Evelyn

DeBe said...

Such a.happy, bright card! Love it :) Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge" Anything Goes". Good Luck with the Challenge, Denyse x

Jacqueline said...

Funny card and love the colours!
Thanks for the Challenge. Good luck with your entry and I'll hope to see you next time as well.

[Jacqueline DT for World Wide Open DT Challenge]

Carla Brooke said...

Cute card!
Thank you for sharing with us here today at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Carla DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Melissa said...

This is adorable!!! :) Love the simple color scheme you used on this. That, in itself, is a big help in keeping things CAS!
Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology for our 200th challenge! :)

Jennifer Scull said...

this is such a fun, happy card! I love the dies you have used to really enhance the great stamp and sentiment! :)

Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes plus a sentiment' challenge at Aud Sentiments! :)

Gloria Lee said...

This is so delightful and stunning card!
Love your design!

Pink Unicorn said...

Loving the adorable image and the stitched frames are so much fun!

Denise Bryant said...

A couple of cuties on your fun card!

Susan Renshaw said...

What a gorgeous image and a great quote...
Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Emily Dee said...

What a kick! A truly clever card...so fun!

Taunya Butler said...

I love your misbehaving, dancing, fun, fun, fun women!! Love this card - just so cool and what a great card!!

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fun card Leslie! Super job!

Thank you so much for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge! Good luck!

Kelly~DT