Tuesday, April 19, 2016

You're Pretty Darn Awesome

** 4/23/16 Winner at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge! **

Hi everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start! I'm happy to share with you today a Really Reasonable Ribbon DT inspiration project. I created a fun thank you card using the absolutely gorgeous Turquoise Checkerboard Satin Ribbon along with some tiles I've had in my stash forever. I uncovered a treasure trove of stamped images in a little box while moving and remembered most of them but unfortunately not these. If anyone recognizes these, please let me know, as I L.O.V.E. them and I'd love to give the company credit! I colored them with Gelly Roll pens which actually made them look like tiles. I layered the tiles on square stitched die cuts and then layered all four on a larger square stitched die cut. Then I cut the front of the card base off at an angle to show off the turquoise cardstock underneath.


Yep, you guessed it... I created this multi loop bow with my Bow-it-All v2.0. Love that tool! I affixed a vintage charm in the center of the bow for a little interest. So pretty!


I kept the inside fairly simple, stamping the thank you sentiment on a stitched rectangle die cut.


Happy to enter this colorful thank you card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock, Stampin' Up! Island Indigo cardstock (#122923), Stampin' Up! Cajun Craze cardstock (#119684)
  • Stamps: Tile stamps (company unknown), Paper Smooches Lovely Thoughts stamp set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Gelly Roll pens- red, royal blue, yellow, black, white, turquoise, green
  • Dies/Punches: My Favorite Things Die-namics Stitched Square STAX dies, Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Layers die
  • Accessories: RRR Turquoise Checkerboard Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Up! Something Borrowed embellishments (#137855)

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out all the awesome ribbon and crafty goodies and tools at Really Reasonable Ribbon! One stop and you'll be hooked on the amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)

This card is for sale at Hippie Chick Designs!
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

10 comments:

Robin said...

This is beautiful Leslie! I love all the bright colors and the charm on the bow! Hugs, Robin

Khristina Sorge said...

I really like your mixed font titles! What a cute design and I love those little tiles. Thanks for playing along at the CRAFT CAS Challenge!

Khristina CRAFT Challenge DT

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

The colors are gorgeous!! Love the stain glass design.
Always fabulous :o)

Gale said...

Very pretty card Leslie. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Addicts and we hope to see again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

They really do look like tiles. The colors are so vibrant. Very pretty!

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Spring Flowers challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Sandy Palmer said...

Love the design here, especially the angle cut at the bottom of the card! I never think to do that! Such a pretty bow in the center! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Bonnie Taylor said...

Your card is lovely! I really love deign and colors. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Aurora Aurelia said...

So pretty.. love it.. Thank you so much for joining our 56th challenge at Artbymiran Challenge blog.. Hope you can join our next challenge.. And Good Luck at the draw.. xx ~RoRa

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely colourful card, very pretty and thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl April use any image challenge, best of luck, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

sue k said...

Great card. Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.

Sue - 2 Creative Chicks DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/