Friday, April 1, 2016

It's a pirate's life!

** 4/12/16 Top 3 at {PIN}spirational Challenges! **

Hi everyone! I'm excited to share some great news... I've joined the My Crafting Stories design team! Woo-hoo! This is my first My Crafting Stories DT inspiration project for Challenge #4 - Anything Goes. We're being sponsored this time by The Paper Shelter! Come play with us - we know you love Anything Goes! It's a month-long challenge so you have lots of time to whip up a great project! ;)

I used absolutely adorable Say Arrr digi for my pirate birthday card. Is this not the cutest image ever?! I paired this image with some fun nautical papers from Free Vintage Digital Stamps to complete the pirate look.


I am really loving my stitched dies these days and cut this image with an oval one and layered it on some black glimmer paper. I added my signature big bow along with some gemstones and flat-back pearls.


I created a fun background on the inside with a couple rubber stamp images and sentiment to compliment the pirate theme.


Proud to enter this adorable pirate card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock, GKD Powder Blue cardstock,  Free Vintage Digital Stamps Nautical papers, Stampin' Up! black glimmer paper
  • Stamps: The Paper Shelter 'Say Arrr' digital image, Stampin' Up! The Open Sea stamp set, Clarity Stamp Line Writing Sentiments
  • Ink: Memento Espressor Truffle ink
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Oval Layers dies
  • Accessories: MISTI, Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon, copper flat-back pearls, blue gemstones

I hope you've gotten a little inspiration to play in our Anything Goes challenge this month! Be sure to check out all the fun images at The Paper Shelter! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Leslie. I adore the sweet image and your gorgeous coloring!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping4Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Card. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Scrapping 4 Fun
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, this so cute
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute!!!! This little pirate is adorable and you've colored him beautifully! What a nice layout, perfect papers and that bow is wonderful. I love the blue and orange colors of your card! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our April challenge. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card!
    Thanks for joining our challenge CCC digi creations.

    Natasja
    DT CCC digi creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the colours. Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft Challenge, best wishes, Anne (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D