Friday, April 15, 2016

hey, sugar plum

Hi everyone! Happy Tax Deadline Day to my crafty friends in the States, lol! I've been on vacation all week, which I really needed and have thoroughly enjoyed. Hubby was home this week too, so that made it even more awesome. I finally feel like things are getting back to normal - whatever 'normal' is, lol! Moving is never easy and this time it really whipped my butt!

It's time to make the announcement. Ed and I are officially full-time RVers... we put our 2300 sq ft house on the market and bought/moved into a 500 sq ft fifth wheel. We'll be living/traveling in style - televating TV, fireplace, china cabinet, convection microwave, almost full-size fridge/freezer, front-load washer and dryer, king size Sleep Number bed (my number is 65, BTW), tons of cabinets, Cummings diesel generator and a huge climate-controlled storage compartment underneath. I'll be posting pics on Facebook soon. But yep, we down-sized in a major (very major) kind of way and it's beyond wonderful! We still have a few years before we retire but Ed wanted me to acclimate to the smaller living space, lol, before we travel on a full-time basis. We 're-did' the living room - replaced two swiveling recliners with a reclining loveseat, and replaced the sofa with my scrapping table and hutch. I've sorted, organized and labeled the bins of craft supplies stacked neatly under the table, on top of the hutch and in the cabinets. I had purged and donated alot of stuff several months beforehand so it wasn't nearly as painful as it could have been. My scrap room in the old house was huge and stuff was always getting lost and forgotten, so my rule of thumb was to get rid of whatever hadn't been used in two years. HA! It does work! ;)

Okay, now on to my project. In the midst of all the mayhem, I missed my posting day last Friday on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog, so to make me feel better, I created an inspiration project to post on my blog today. I've never missed a post. Ever. I created a vintage Christmas card using Red and White Plaid Houndstooth Ribbon which happens to match the little girl's skirt pretty well. This ribbon is heavenly... makes the best bows ever! The vintage image, papers and ephemera are all from Polly's Paper Studio; the snowflake die cut, button and gem clip are from my stash. I distressed all the elements with distress ink. The front and and inside sentiment stamps are from Unity, stamped in brown ink.


And how about this pretty fluffy bow?! You guessed it... created with my Bow-it-All v2.0. Multi loop bows are just as easy as single loop bows. Don't tell anybody, but I could just sit and make bows and nothing else!


I embellished the inside with a strip of the plaid paper and red cardstock used on the front, then stamped some snowflakes and a sentiment in brown ink. I colored the snowflakes with brown Wink of Stella.


Proud to enter this Christmas card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Cherry Red cardstock; Polly's Paper Studio Let It Snow vintage images, papers and ephemera
  • Stamps: Unity Tags Glorious Tags stamp set
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink
  • Accessories: RRR Red and White Plaid Houndstooth Ribbon, MISTI, Snowflake die cut (from my sister), Tim Holtz Idea-ology Gem Clip, Bazzill Basics button, brown Wink of Stella, Darice foam

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out all the awesome ribbon and crafty goodies and tools at Really Reasonable Ribbon! One stop and you'll be hooked on the amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)

This card is for sale at Hippie Chick Designs!
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow so many details on this card. It is lovely.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Good luck, Michelle (DT)

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Wow, what an amazing bow! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Jennifer Bradley said...

Beautiful traditional vintage Christmas Card Leslie, love your design and beautiful topper. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Sue said...

Hi Leslie, this is a beautiful card - I love anything that has a vintage Christmas heme and this is wonderful. Thank you for joining us this time at Creative Inspirations. (Your new RV adventure sounds really interesting too - I love downsized living, we flooded at home in 2009 and lived in a caravan for 18 months - I loved it)!
Sue...xxx

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very beautiful card. I love your layout. Thanks for sharing with us over Craft Your Passion. Good luck!!! Patricia

Patricia Alvarez said...

Me again. I still love your card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Patricia

Carla Brooke said...

What a lovely holiday card, thanks for sharing at Classic Design Team Open Challenge!
[Carla DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Stampsnob. said...

Thanks for sharing this BOW-tiful card at Unicorn Ch Lis DT

Crafty Pearly said...

Aww so cute. Thank you for joining us at Unicorn. Hugs Traci DT xx

Annette Stapylton said...

WOW WOW AND MORE WOW. This is just super gorgeously stunning.
Brilliant design, colours and fabulous image. Great work and so beautifully illustrated on your blog. Love it.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

I love this vintage Christmas card! (making me feel guilty I haven't started yet)
This is fabulous! Love all the details and elements.

Bad Kitty said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at The crafty addicts!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Shaz Earl said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow for our 5th Birthday x

Deepti Aggarwal said...

WOW!! it is fabulous..love all the details on the card..and yes bow is just awesome..Thank you for joining us at A Beautiful Mess.

Sandy How said...

Fabulous Christmas card, great image and lovely big bow. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Cazro said...

Gorgeous, I adore red too. Loving your card. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow. We do hope to see you again. Caz DT.

lalkygirl said...

what a beautiful vintage Christmas card , love the imagry you have chosen and the papers are lovely
Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ AND GOOD LUCK IN THE CHALLENGE
Tracey x