Monday, April 18, 2016

Happy Birthday

Hi everyone! OMGoodness, can you believe we are on the down-slide to the end of April already?! I keep saying it's gonna be Christmas before we know it, and it will be! I'm super stoked to share with you today my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #76 - Anything Goes! Our sponsors this time are yours truly (me), The Paper Shelter and A Creative Need! Come play with us - we know you love the 'anything goes' theme!

I chose the absolutely gorgeous Orchids digital image from A Creative Need for my birthday card created in shades of purple. And of course I added my signature big bow and used my favorite stitched dies. I just can't get enough of them! ;)


I colored this image with my new Zig Clean Color markers. I really like them and I'd like to think my technique is improving each time I use them. I did say I wanted to watercolor with them the next time I used them but I haven't. Maybe next time! ;)


The front and inside sentiments are from the GKD Happy Birthday To You stamp set, stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink. This ink looks embossed in real life. So pretty!


Proud to enter this birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Taylored Expressions Snow White cardstock, Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock, GKD Pure Luxury Wild Orchid and Wild Lilac cardstock
  • Stamps: A Creative Need Orchids digi, GKD Happy Birthday To You stamp set
  • Ink: Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink; Zig Clean Color markers- Medium Green, Olive Green, Light Pink, Light Gray, Lilac, Light Violet, Purple
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Layers dies
  • Accessories: RRR Lavender seam binding, MISTI, Stampin' Up! Pearls (#119247),  clear Wink of Stella

I hope you've found a little inspiration to play with us in our Anything Goes challenge this time! And be sure to check out all the fun digis at The Paper Shelter and A Creative Need! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

  1. Lisly, your card is amazing! I love the CAS look of your card, it is so elegant!
    Hugs
    Irena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely orchids, and of course your signature bow puts your trademark on your fantastic card, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and BOW Happy love this card TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! I love the color and the bow! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful in every detail, the colour and the image and the bow, just beautiful, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is stunning!!! I think your coloring is fabulous and the purple is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card. I love the purple and it looks great against the white. Thank you for sharing at 2 Creative Chicks. Beckie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and image....Thank you for joining us this week at CYP....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This purple is brilliant and the coloring perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card and love the colour!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image. Love how you used the grey shade to make the flowers pop.


    Thank you for playing along with us at Artbymiran´s Challenge Blog. Good luck and hope to see you back soon.
    Nick DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D