Saturday, March 26, 2016

Spring Blessings

Hi everyone! Happy Spring to you all! Isn't this just a beautiful time of year, with nice cool mornings and warm (but not too hot) afternoons, and flowers blooming everywhere?! It's time for another fun challenge over at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog and I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for Challenge #28 - Anything Goes! Come play with us - we know you love some Anything Goes! ;)

We're being sponsored by Sami Stamps
 


I chose the absolutely gorgeous Poinsettia Umbrella digi from Sami Stamps to create this Spring card. I fell in love with this image the minute I saw it - the possibilities are endless. I settled on a pretty red and yellow color combo which I think is very striking for a Spring project, and the papers in this My Mind's Eye paper pack were perfect!


I used some of my favorite stitched dies - the round ones this time - along with a scalloped circle die, lots of gold foil cardstock for a touch of elegance, and of course my signature big bow. ;)


I decorated the inside with a scrap of the floral paper from the front layered on some gold foil cardstock, and stamped a simple sentiment.


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:


Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock, DCWV Gold Foiled cardstock, My Mind's Eye Happy Day 6x6 paper pad, red cardstock scrap
  • Stamps: Sami Stamps Poinsettia Umbrella digital image, GKD Spring Blessings stamp set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Spectrum Noir- CR8, CR10, CR11, DG2, DG3, CT1, CT4, GB5
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers dies, Spellbinders Classic Scallops die
  • Accessories: Prairie Bird Boutique red wrinkled ribbon, MISTI, Doodlebug Design Boutique Buttons, white fun foam, Stampin' Up! Basic Pearls

I hope you've found a little inspiration to create a project for our Anything Goes challenge this time! Be sure to check out all the digital images that Sami Stamps and Stamps by Julia Spiri have to offer! Fun stuff! Thanks so much for stopping by today and we'll see you next time! ;)

This card is for sale at Hippie Chick Designs! :)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Incredible card Leslie!

Darlene said...

WOW this is just beautiful Leslie! Awesome coloring and design! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘PHOTO INSPIRATION’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sandi said...

Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters! Hope you join us again soon! xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Crafting in a beautiful mess challenge 1, Hazel, DT x