** 2/5/16 Top 3 at Alphabet Challenge Blog! **
Hello again, crafty friends! I'm back with my second post today to share my House of Cards DT inspiration project for our February Technique Challenge - Shape Up! Come play with us - we want to see your shaped cards! No squares or rectangles this time! :)
I created a fun kite card. I was on a fancy fold kick most of last summer and cased one of my own projects for this challenge, one that I thoroughly enjoyed creating and one I knew I'd create again and again! If you're interested, you can see the first one I made HERE. This one is playful, whereas the first one was more on the elegant side.
Love this double-sided paper and layers created with gold mirror cardstock. I stamped the fun sentiments in Versamark on vellum, heat embossed in white, then cut with a stitched circle die. I layered the vellum die cut on a slightly larger stitched circle die cut and added some tiny red flat-back pearls. The Prima flowers were a perfect match to the paper! :)
I created the multi-loop bow with my Bow-it-All v2.0 and left the tails long (like a real kite), then embellished the center with another Prima flower.
Here's a shot of the inside showing both sides of the paper. See why it's some of my favorite?! :D
I stamped the inside sentiment on a stitched square die cut layered on gold mirror cardstock embellished with three of the tiny red flat-back pearls. I really love how this turned out! :)
Would love to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Craft Your Passion: #297 - Always Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create: #161 Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Use Something From Your Stash (papers, EcoArt Board tile, charm)
- Crafty Cardmakers: #156 - Punches and/or Dies
- Sisters of Craft: February Anything Goes Challenge
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: Use a digi or stamp for February
- Not Just Cards: #29 - February Anything Goes
- Kitty Bee Designs: Aloha Friday Challenge #64 - Favorite Color Combo (another one of my favs- orange and yellow)
- Alphabet Challenge Blog: X for Xtra Fold
- Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper February Challenge
- Creative Card Crew: #105 - Anything Goes
- Cardstock/Paper: K & Company Que Sera Sera double-sided paper, Marco's gold mirror cardstock, GKD Tomato Soup cardstock, Vellum
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! Endless Birthday Wishes (#140273)
- Ink: Versamark, Memento Espresso Truffle ink
- Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers die, My Favorite Things Die-namics Stitched Square STAX die
- Accessories: Hero Arts white embossing powder, Prima flowers, tiny red flat-back pearls, Studios Blackbird yellow stitched ribbon
I hope you've found a little inspiration to play with us in our Shape Up challenge this month! There are so many options and I can't wait to see what you create! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!