Monday, February 1, 2016

yippee hooray kite card

** 2/5/16 Top 3 at Alphabet Challenge Blog! **

Hello again, crafty friends! I'm back with my second post today to share my House of Cards DT inspiration project for our February Technique Challenge - Shape Up! Come play with us - we want to see your shaped cards! No squares or rectangles this time! :)


I created a fun kite card. I was on a fancy fold kick most of last summer and cased one of my own projects for this challenge, one that I thoroughly enjoyed creating and one I knew I'd create again and again! If you're interested, you can see the first one I made HERE. This one is playful, whereas the first one was more on the elegant side.


Love this double-sided paper and layers created with gold mirror cardstock. I stamped the fun sentiments in Versamark on vellum, heat embossed in white, then cut with a stitched circle die. I layered the vellum die cut on a slightly larger stitched circle die cut and added some tiny red flat-back pearls. The Prima flowers were a perfect match to the paper! :)


I created the multi-loop bow with my Bow-it-All v2.0 and left the tails long (like a real kite), then embellished the center with another Prima flower. 


Here's a shot of the inside showing both sides of the paper. See why it's some of my favorite?! :D


I stamped the inside sentiment on a stitched square die cut layered on gold mirror cardstock embellished with three of the tiny red flat-back pearls. I really love how this turned out! :)


Would love to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: K & Company Que Sera Sera double-sided paper, Marco's gold mirror cardstock, GKD Tomato Soup cardstock, Vellum
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Endless Birthday Wishes (#140273)
  • Ink: Versamark, Memento Espresso Truffle ink
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers die, My Favorite Things Die-namics Stitched Square STAX die
  • Accessories: Hero Arts white embossing powder, Prima flowers, tiny red flat-back pearls, Studios Blackbird yellow stitched ribbon

I hope you've found a little inspiration to play with us in our Shape Up challenge this month! There are so many options and I can't wait to see what you create! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

22 comments:

  1. So very gorgeous and so very clever! Love it Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a kite! I LOVE it! This is really a great idea! I know, because I tried to make a kite too and it just didn't work out for me! ha ha! But you made it look easy and beautiful!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, this is FABULOUS! I LOVE the gorgeous bright colors, and the shape is SO fun! The sweet flowers with pearl centers are amazing! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card inside and out! Donna HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vibrant card! I love the fun shape of this! Another fabulous card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! fancy folds indeed!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting structure for this card!
    Thanks for joining it us at craft your passion!!
    xoxo
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Leslie! A beautifully decorated outside and I love how it opens! Jo x HOC/DT friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes! Now this one is really cheerful and fun, Leslie! Another great colour combination! Thanks for linking up again at our Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pretty kite shaped card Leslie! Your colors and flowers are very pretty!
    Judy HOC Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great fold and love the vibrant,cheery colours.Beautifully put together and full of whimsy.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOve the fancy fold card and those pretty blooms...Thanks for sharing it with KBD Aloha Friday Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors! The kite is adorable. A sweet, happy card. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this challenge.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow, i love the bright colours of this fun card and it's a very creative fancy fold!
    linda HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute twist on the challenge! It is fun and could be replicated with so many different colors and accents!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous kite card, Leslie.
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great card with lovely colours. Thank you for sharing at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable! I love the kite! All those colors are beautiful! jane hoc teamie

    ReplyDelete

  20. Fantastic. Thank you for joining in with the Sisters of Craft challenge, good luck in the voting and we hope to see you again. Crafty Blessings. Tracy SOC DT x Don't forget about our Sisters of Craft Facebook Group too where you share your makes, find inspiration and take part in mini challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your shaped kite card. Not just the shape but your folding to is great.

    (✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D