I deviated from the 'norm' this time of year when most crafters are creating pink and red love-themed cards in relation to hearts. I created a sympathy card in an ivory and black color combo. Sympathy cards are just not easy to create but we all need them from time to time. I chose the "When God Takes" sentiment from River City Rubber Works and made it the focal point on my card.
I paired the beautiful sentiment with a 1-1/2" square EcoArt Board tile for a little interest and added three tiny white flat-back pearls to the right side of the tile.
I added my signature big bow with a dangling heart charm.
I kept the inside simple with just a stamped sentiment on a layered panel.
Would love to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Craft Your Passion: #297 - Always Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create: #161 Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Use Something From Your Stash (papers, EcoArt Board tile, charm)
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: Use a digi or stamp for February
- Not Just Cards: #29 - February Anything Goes
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge: #156 - Monochrome
- Kitty Bee Designs: Aloha Friday Challenge #64 - Favorite Color Combo (one of my favs- black and ivory)
- Craftin Desert Divas: Hearts Linky Party
- Sisters of Craft: February Anything Goes Challenge
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, Marco's Black, The Paper Cut Natural Laid, The Paper Cut Pinstripe
- Stamps: River City Rubber Works 'When God Takes' digi, GKD Sympathy Duo
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Accessories: EcoArt Board 1-1/2" square tile, heart charm, Prairie Bird Boutique ivory wrinkled ribbon, YNS black glittered gumdrops, Stampin' Up! basic pearl jewels (#119247)