Monday, February 8, 2016

Vintage Happy Birthday

** 2/14/16 Top 5 at 613 Avenue Create! **

Hi everyone! Here we are rolling through to the second week of February! I'm stoked to share with you today a Really Reasonable Ribbon DT inspiration project. I created a vintage masculine birthday card using the awesome Burlap Center Stitch Brown ribbon. OMGosh, I love the full fluffy bows this ribbon makes! ;)


Here's a close-up of the gorgeous bow I created with my Bow-it-All v2.0. I generally don't put bows on masculine cards but I couldn't see not putting one on this card! I added a TH trinket pin to the center for a little interest. :) 


I mentioned several weeks ago that I ordered some creativity kits containing various themed vintage papers and ephemera from Polly's Paper Studio a few months back, and this is the second project I created using them. I L.O.V.E. how this turned out! Vintage is so much fun and it always helps to have gorgeous papers and ribbon to make it all pop! The other embellishments used were a tiny gold paper clip, a clock charm and beefy G45 metal brad. :)


For the inside, I adhered two strips of leftover paper used on the front to the bottom of the layered panel and stamped a simple sentiment. Oh, and did I mention how much I'm loving this?! :D


Proud to enter this masculine birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, The Paper Cut Brown Bag cardstock, Polly's Paper Studio Masculine Vintage Papers and Ephemera
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Endless Birthday Wishes (#140273)
  • Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle 
  • Accessories: RRR Brown Burlap Center Stitch, TH Idea-ology trinket pin, Graphic45 metal brad, tiny gold paperclip, clock charm

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out all the awesome ribbon and crafty goodies and tools at Really Reasonable Ribbon! One stop and you'll be hooked on the amazing selection of products, great prices, fast shipping and the best customer service around! Thanks for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Lesley brilliant male card, with lots of lovely detail and textures.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is just awesome Leslie! Fabulous masculine creation ad the ribbon/pin are perfect! GREAT job (no surprise there! lol) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, I love that bow! Thanks for joining us at Scrapper's Delights this week!
    -Mari K.
    Scrapper's Delights DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card love it thank you for joining us at the Scrappers Delight challenge hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome masculine card, bravo! I love everything about it. I think the bow works, especially as the ribbon is masculine looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Leslie! WOW, you really stepped it up with this awesome card. I absolutely LOVE your sweet project, and I couldn't be happier than to have you stop by and share your artistic talents with us. I'm so grateful to have you play along in our challenges. Please stop by again soon, and I will look forward to visiting your blog again to see your next work of art. You are always most welcome to join the fun!
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow and we hope to see you again soon.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your vintage card and design. Awesomely layered! So blessed you joined our bi-weekly Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again for a new Challenge that started yesterday. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Isaiah 40:8 which tells us, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."

    Have a blessed week,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful vintage creation. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapper's Delights. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing you again.
    Lynn, Scrapper's Delights DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering the Scrappers Delights challenge. I love your card, its coloured beautifully. Good luck and thanks again for entering.
    Nicky
    (Scrappers Delights DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and we hope to see you again soon.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your vintage card. Beautiful details and layering. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D