Thursday, February 18, 2016

Ombre hello note card

** 3/10/16 Winner at Southern Girls Challenge! **

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a great week. I'm happy to share with you today a Really Reasonable Ribbon DT inspiration project. I created an ombre note card using the absolutely gorgeous Teal Silky Crush Ribbon. I know I've mentioned before that I just LOVE this Silky Crush ribbon! Definitely among my growing list of favs!


I created this pretty bow with my Bow-it-All v2.0. The big simple bows are just as fun as the multi looped ones! ;)


The ombre background was created with Brusho crystals, starting light at the bottom and getting darker toward the top. I finished it off with splattered water droplets and some wrinkling. Yep, you read that right - I wrinkled it a little bit. The hello script die is one of my favorites and I brushed the die cut with clear Wink of Stella then added Glossy Accents. I completed the look with randomly placed silver sequins to compliment the silver foil cardstock the panel is layered on. I left the inside blank to use as a note card.


Happy to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock, Marco's Kachina Glass Cloth cardstock, Marco's Silver Foil cardstock, Ranger Watercolor Paper
  • Ink: Brusho crystals- Turquoise and Leaf Green
  • Dies/Punches: Mama Elephant hello Script
  • Accessories: RRR Teal Silky Crush Ribbon, clear Wink of Stella, Glossy Accents, Stampin' Up! Frosted Sequins (#135835)

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out all the awesome ribbon and crafty goodies and tools at Really Reasonable Ribbon! One stop and you'll be hooked on the amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

7 comments:

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Love this, but green shades are my fav colors:o) It's simple and cute!

Christine Harrop said...

I really love the ombre effect of the beautiful colour you have used on your gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT. Christine DT x

Zoe Tant said...

Super card and just right for our challenge at MAWTT. Thanks for joining us this week. Zx

Wendy L said...

This is lovely, great colour choice, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Karen Oliver said...

Such a pretty card I love the ombre effect and that gorgeous bow. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge.

Jo Ann said...

Love the simplicity of your card. So blessed you joined our previous Challenge and hope you join us again in our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement only the Word of God can provide in James 1:12 which tells us, "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." Have a blessed weekend.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

There's a happy wee surprise for you over on the Southern Girls Blog. Make sure you track down the Winner's Post for the Sparkle Challenge. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT