Saturday, February 27, 2016

live like it's summer every day

** 3/4/16 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **

Hi everyone! Boy, oh boy, I've been busier than all get-out the last couple weeks but absolutely loving life! I'm happy to share with you today a Really Reasonable Ribbon DT inspiration project, a fun Z-fold vintage birthday card I created for a co-worker's best friend. I used the Burlap Center Stitch Navy Ribbon which I love, love, love! All of these burlap ribbons are so awesome!


Here's a close-up of the pretty double loop bow I created with my Bow-it-All v2.0. I added a silver filigree charm to the center which really gave it a nice vintage feel.


This image is from Polly's Paper Studio, owned by our teammie Ginny, who was one of the RRR sponsors this month and provided us with two sets of images to play with. I'm such a sucker for vintage and this set of Flapper Beach Babes digis definitely caught my eye! I purchased several creativity kits from Polly's a few months ago and used a few pieces of vintage ephemera from them.


My co-worker wanted a beach-themed card for her best friend so I paired the image with an awesome Paper Smooches sentiment. :)


For the inside, I lopped off a small portion of a Cheery Lynn Designs doily die cut so it couldn't be seen with the card closed and affixed a stamped GKD birthday sentiment.


Here's an overhead view of the fun Z-fold. I love me some fun folds! ;)


Proud to enter this card into these challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Charcoal Brown cardstock, DCWV Blue Shimmer cardstock, Polly's Paper Studio Flapper Beach Babes vintage digi sheet and ephemera, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 6x6 papers
  • Stamps: GKD Birthday Greetings
  • Ink: Memento Espressor Truffle ink
  • Dies/Punches: MFT Die-namics Stitched Square STAX die, Cheery Lynn Designs English Tea Party die
  • Accessories: RRR Burlap Center Stitch Navy Ribbon, twine, white and gray flat-back pearls, Stampin' Up! Something Borrowed Embellishments (#137855)

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out all the awesome ribbon and crafty goodies and tools at Really Reasonable Ribbon! One stop and you'll be hooked on the amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie


10 comments:

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous! You rock the cards this week!
Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Sanja Grdinić said...

Very pretty vintage card, Leslie. :)
Have a great day!

Lia said...

What a great card. Summer is on it's way, but we still have to wait for it!
Lia DT S4F

cohenna said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Loving the vintage feel of this card! Who doesn't love old timing pin up gals, love this photo? Amazing job :o)

Agnieszka Koter said...

Great card and beautiful colors.
Thank you for taking part in the challenge on Scrapping4funChallenges.
Agnieszka DT

Janis Lewis said...

This is incredible! I love it. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
DT Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy, My Blog
Sunny Day Crafting, Photo Inspiration Chs
Paper Play Sketches, Sketch Chs
PDE Linky Party, Anything Goes Linky Party

andree said...

This is a terrific card, beautifully made. Thank you so much for joining us this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

Nancy said...

Oh goodness another wonderful card! Loving the vintage feel and the tags and ribbon too! I sure appreciate you joining us over at Seize the Birthday for Anything Goes again!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful creation. Love all the elements. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.