** 3/4/16 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **
Hi everyone! Boy, oh boy, I've been busier than all get-out the last couple weeks but absolutely loving life! I'm happy to share with you today a Really Reasonable Ribbon DT inspiration project, a fun Z-fold vintage birthday card I created for a co-worker's best friend. I used the Burlap Center Stitch Navy Ribbon which I love, love, love! All of these burlap ribbons are so awesome!
Here's a close-up of the pretty double loop bow I created with my Bow-it-All v2.0. I added a silver filigree charm to the center which really gave it a nice vintage feel.
This image is from Polly's Paper Studio, owned by our teammie Ginny, who was one of the RRR sponsors this month and provided us with two sets of images to play with. I'm such a sucker for vintage and this set of Flapper Beach Babes digis definitely caught my eye! I purchased several creativity kits from Polly's a few months ago and used a few pieces of vintage ephemera from them.
My co-worker wanted a beach-themed card for her best friend so I paired the image with an awesome Paper Smooches sentiment. :)
For the inside, I lopped off a small portion of a Cheery Lynn Designs doily die cut so it couldn't be seen with the card closed and affixed a stamped GKD birthday sentiment.
Here's an overhead view of the fun Z-fold. I love me some fun folds! ;)
Proud to enter this card into these challenges:
- Scrapping4fun Challenges: #59 - Happy Birthay + Digi or Stamp
- Chocolate, Coffee & Cards: #103 - Anything Goes
- Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
- PDE Linky Party: #112 - Anything Goes
- Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge: #91 Anything Goes
- Inky Chicks: #73 - Ribbon and/or Lace
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #28 - Anything Goes
- The Ribbon Girl: February Use Any Image Challenge
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Charcoal Brown cardstock, DCWV Blue Shimmer cardstock, Polly's Paper Studio Flapper Beach Babes vintage digi sheet and ephemera, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 6x6 papers
- Stamps: GKD Birthday Greetings
- Ink: Memento Espressor Truffle ink
- Dies/Punches: MFT Die-namics Stitched Square STAX die, Cheery Lynn Designs English Tea Party die
- Accessories: RRR Burlap Center Stitch Navy Ribbon, twine, white and gray flat-back pearls, Stampin' Up! Something Borrowed Embellishments (#137855)
I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out all the awesome ribbon and crafty goodies and tools at Really Reasonable Ribbon! One stop and you'll be hooked on the amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)