Saturday, February 27, 2016

hugs note card

** 3/5/16 Winner at Catch The Bug Challenge Blog! **
** 3/6/16 Winner at The Ribbon Girl Blog! **
** 3/13/16 Winner at Kitty Bee Designs! **

Hey crafty peeps! Hope you all are keeping warm where you are! I can't complain - we've had a very mild winter here in north Florida. We were actually rather excited when we finally got some cooler weather but it's not here for long... it'll be back up in the 70s this coming week! I'm happy to share my Crafty Friends DT inspiration project for Challenge #26 - Floral. Come play with us - we want to see your project with some pretty flowers!

Our sponsors this time are 


I perused my A Day For Daisies stash and came up with the gorgeous Flowers in Bottles digi to use for my CAS hugs note card. This is the first time I've used it and I just love it! Of course I added my signature big bow. My stitched dies have become some of my favorites - I'm using them a lot. I also used a Lawn Fawn border die to create the break in the hot pink die cut background. What a fun addition! ;)


I was lucky enough to have the cardstock, glittered Gumdrops AND the Spectrum Noir flower color match almost exactly. Love it when that happens! ;) I used the white gelly roll pen to add some special touches to the centers of the flowers, the leaves and the bottles, as well as some clear Wink of Stella to the flowers. I left the center of the card blank since it is a note card.


Happy to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock, Cricut Reds & Pinks cardstock
  • Stamps: A Day For Daisies Flowers in Bottles digi, Paper Smooches Delightful Greetings stamp set (hugs sentiment)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spectrum Noir- IG1, IG2, IG4, CT4, BT1, LG5
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Layers, Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders
  • Accessories: YNS pink glittered Gumdrops, MISTI, tiny green flat-back pearls, Sakura white gelly roll pen, clear Wink of Stella, white fun foam, Prairie Bird Boutique hot pink ribbon

I hope you've found a little inspiration to play in our Floral challenge this time! Be sure to check out all the fun digis at All Dressed Up Stamps and A Day For Daisies! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Hello Leslie
    Thanks for making your gorgeous card for our floral challenge.
    Hugs
    Diane Louise
    Crafty Friends DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
    DT Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy, My Blog
    Sunny Day Crafting, Photo Inspiration Chs
    Paper Play Sketches, Sketch Chs
    PDE Linky Party, Anything Goes Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll girlfriend!! LOL! This is fabulous! Love the design and of course that gorgeous ribbon! Your coloring is awesome and I really like that faux stitching ... the pattern is interesting ... I'll have to remember this cool effect!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINK SPRING’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card I love the image, colours and that wonderful bow, thank you for joining our challenge at LPOCF
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card and love the bow. Great that you joined us at Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...that bow is the bomb.com! Beautiful card in so many ways! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Leslie!
    Thanks for joining our Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just FABULOUS! The colors and layout - Terrific! And that BOW - WOW, love your signature bow. Gonna have to learn more about how you make it!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with our Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Color Challenge this week. We hope you'll join us today for our new Anything Goes Challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min - Catch The Bug/Bugaboo Stamps Asst. DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D