Monday, February 15, 2016

Fishing Rules

Hey everybody! Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and spent it with your loves! My hubby gave me a diamond heart necklace with a 'floating' diamond in the center and it sure is gorgeous! It's time for another fun challenge and I'm happy to share my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #72 - Anything Goes! We know everybody loves the 'anything goes' challenges so come play with us! We being sponsored this time by Lacy Sunshine Stamps, DRS Designs and Imagine That! digis by Kris!

I chose the awesome Fishing Rules digi from DRS Designs for my Dad's Day card. It's really hard to not get carried away with embellishing masculine cards so I kept this one really simple... probably the most simple card I've made in a while and I'm really loving how it turned out!


Aren't these fishing rules a hoot?! As soon as I saw this, I knew I had to create with it! I had a great stamp set with fish that I used to compliment the digital image. I created the background by randomly stamping the fish, and then I fussy cut two fish that I colored with Spectrum Noir markers and clear Wink of Stella to make them look wet and slimy, lol! The only other embellishments I used were twine and three brass square metal studs.


The inside sentiments and fishing lure image were from the same stamp set, which I stamped on a layered panel.


Happy to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Paper Accents Kraft cardstock, Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla cardstock (#101650), brown cardstock scraps
  • Stamps: DRS Designs Fishing Rules digital image, GKD Gone Fishing stamp set
  • Ink: Ranger Walnut Stain and Antique Linen distress ink, Spectrum Noir- BG1, BG5
  • Accessories: Tim Holtz distress tool, Darice foam, twine, clear Wink of Stella, Basic Grey brass square metal studs

I hope you've found a little inspiration to create something to enter in our Anything Goes challenge this time! Be sure to check out all the fun images at Lacy Sunshine StampsDRS Designs and Imagine That! digis by Kris! I'm sure you'll find something you can't live without, lol! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

15 comments:

  1. What a great card! I'm sure your dad will love it. What a hubby too. I bet your necklace is gorgeous. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome masculine card, Leslie, and these rules are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is so awesome!! My FIL would totally adore that!! Sorry, but no rules for this girl....icky icky bait! LOL

    Glad you had a wonderful day and spoiled by your sweet hubby!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great masculine card Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Leslie! I love the distressed edges, the twine and the 3 square brads. That sentiment is a hoot and any fisherman will love it! Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C : [ ATG / Shaker Card]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! SO fun! :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at the PDE Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Leslie, this is fabulous!! Great layout and I love the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great masculine card Leslie, many thanks for joining in our February theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow and we hope to see you again soon.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous masculine card, Leslie! Love the fishing rules! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant fishing card....Thank you for joining us at CYP....Julieannex

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an amazing manly card! Fabulous job on this card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Thank you for joining in with the Sisters of Craft challenge, good luck in the voting and we hope to see you again. Crafty Blessings. Tracy SOC DT x Don't forget about our Sisters of Craft Facebook Group too where you share your makes, find inspiration and take part in mini challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D