Friday, February 19, 2016

another year older

Hello there, scrappy friends! I've been busy as a bee in the scrap room over the past several weeks and wouldn't have it any other way! I'm so thankful for this amazing hobby and my very supportive husband. I am truly blessed. It's time for another fun challenge over at Really Reasonable Ribbon! I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for #135 - Celebrate with Ribbon or Trim. C'mon and dig into your crafty stash and come play with us! There are lots of reasons to celebrate - a birthday, a baby or an anniversary, to name just a few.

I created a birthday card featuring an inlaid die cut and the delicious Apple Green Satin Swiss Mini Dots from the February Ribbon Club Assortment. OMG, green is my all-time favorite color and I'm in love all over again! ;) Loving the pale green background paper with the pop of red on the butterflies, layered on gold mirror cardstock. I cut the doily with a Cheery Lynn die.


I created this gorgeous double loop bow with my Bow-it-All v2.0. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to create beautiful bows with this amazing tool! Be sure to check out Bonnie's awesome bow tutorials on YouTube!


I used the Paper Smooches Adorable Array die, a couple different shades (and textures) of green cardstock, and some clear Wink of Stella over the two flower elements, and layered the panel on gold mirror cardstock. Inlaid die cuts are so much fun - it's like piecing together a puzzle. :)


For the inside, I used a couple leftover strips of paper and cardstock from the front and stamped a large sentiment. Both the front and inside sentiments from from Unity and I used a black card base this time.


Proud to enter this card into these challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Black Onyx, Red Hot and Grass Green cardstock, DCWV green and cream textured cardstock scraps; Marco's Gold Mirror cardstock, GKD Garden Tour 6x6 patterned paper
  • Stamps: Unity Birthday Jubilee stamp set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies/Punches: Paper Smooches Adorable Array die, Cheery Lynn Designs English Tea Party die
  • Accessories: RRR Apple Green Satin Swiss Mini Dots, MISTI, green flat-back pearls

I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project for our celebration challenge this time! Be sure to check out all the ribbon and crafty goodies and tools at Really Reasonable Ribbon - there's an amazing selection of products, the best prices around, super fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the way you created along the diagonal for this bright, bold and fun card! Fabby bow, too!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Love the colors of this card! Look at you...crisp, clean bow. You make such fabulous cards :o)

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card, love the flower and the bow.
Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Judy V said...

Great card! Love the big green bow! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!

Claudia Rogier said...

Stunning card. Great colours. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun
hugs
Claudia
DT Scrapping 4 Fun