Tuesday, December 8, 2015

You fog my spectacles

Hello, my crafty friends! I sure do enjoy jamming to classic rock while getting my crafty groove on! Music is so good for the soul! Sure glad no one can hear me, lol! I'm really excited to share today's Really Reasonable Ribbon DT inspiration project! I created an anniversary card using the very cool Canvas Color Band with Stitched Edge Black ribbon. This card was for my hubby and he loved it! This canvas ribbon is so awesome for masculine cards!


Masculine cards don't require a lot of embellishments usually, so the only other ones I used were red foam heart die cuts, black glittered gumdrops and red plain gumdrops. I dusted the hearts with my embossing powder tool to give them a little definition against the red background.


I absolutely love the red and black color combo. It's so romantic and I thought it was great for this card! I cut the glasses from black glimmer paper and added a silver nailhead on each side to resemble real glasses, lol! And did I mention how awesome the canvas ribbon is?! :D


I kept the inside simple, just stamping the happy anniversary sentiment on a layered panel. I really like how this turned out!


Would love to enter this anniversary card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, Marco's Black cardstock, Stampin' Up! Black Glimmer Paper (#139605), Stampin' Up! Stacked With Love DSP (#137779)
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Incognito stamp set, Leave Memories With One Stamp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Real Red ink (#126949)
  • Dies/Punches: Paper Smooches Glasses die, Paper Smooches Tiny Hearts dies, Die-namics Stitched Square STAX
  • Accessories: RRR Canvas Color Band with Stitched Edge Black, MISTI, YNS Black Glittered Gumdrops, YNS Red Gumdrops, Darice black and red foam

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to check out all the awesome ribbon and crafty goodies and tools at Really Reasonable Ribbon! One look and you'll be hooked on the amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

10 comments:

Claudia Rogier said...

Stunning card. Love it. Thanks for joining us at CCC Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
DT Creative Craft Cottage
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Kleido said...

Great card and fantastic coluor combination.

Thanks for playing along with our Crafty Time Challenge for Dezember and good luck!

Doris *DT*

Judy V said...

Great card! Love the papers and design! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage!

Mynn Kitchen said...

Hi, Leslie! LOVE this super fun card! The layering is AMAZING, the sentiment is awesome, I just REALLY love this! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

PS: Have you seen my DT calls at the House of Cards Challenge and MHKDesigns? I'd love for you to apply, if that's something you'd like to do! :) HUGS!

brenda said...

A lovely colour palette Lesley, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What a fabulous card for the hubby! I think it's cute and I too love the color combo. Happy Anniversary!!

Donna Phelan said...

Hey Miss Leslie! I also love black and red together, they make for a very masculine card. This is perfectly designed, love the specs too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Great Impressions! Merry Merry!

Jo said...

A great card, love the colour combo. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge. We hope you can join us again next month. Jo x

Creaine said...

wow nice work! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Good luck.
Bye,
Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

ccheney said...

Cute idea! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage