Monday, December 21, 2015

Sew Sweet

** 12/27/15 Honorable Mention at 613 Avenue Create! **

Hi everyone! Well, Christmas is finally upon us and I hope you all are having a wonderful time of preparation with family and friends! I've been busy creating and am happy to share the first of two Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration projects for LTSCB #68 - Anything Goes! which is our last challenge of the year! We're being sponsored this time by Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet, Angie's Digital Stamps and A Day For Daisies! Come play with us!

I chose the absolutely adorable 'Daisy May Sewing' image from Angie's Digi Stamps to create a fun thank you card. A few weeks ago I treated myself to a black Friday special - a Janome Sew Mini 124 sewing machine, and OMG, I l.o.v.e. it! I created a cute patchwork type background with three horizontal strips of coordinating papers.


Isn't little Daisy May just the cutest?! When I saw this image I knew I had to have it because I have several sewing-themed stamp sets that I've had for several years and were begging to finally be used! ;)


Of course I added my signature big bow, and this time I affixed a small paper rose to the center of it. I also created a faux spool of thread to pair with the stamped vintage darning needles element.


And I found a couple more cute embellishments to use - an adorable scissors charm and a small button. ;)


I kept the inside fairly simple, with a stamped sentiment on a layered panel. I also stamped a pair of scissors and button (stamped off once) in the lower right corner.


I'd love to enter this sweet thank you card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, Cricut Reds and Pinks cardstock, scrap of Kraft cardstock, Stampin' Up! All Abloom DSP (#133703)
  • Stamps: Daisy May Sewing digital image from Angie's Digi Stamps, Karber Stamps Sew Sweet stamp set (front sentiment), Blockheads Paper Arts Notions stamp set, Paper Smooches Natural Beauties stamp set (inside sentiment)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke ink (#126972) Stampin' Up! Pink Pirouette ink (#126956); Spectrum Noir- EB1, EB2, EB4, EB6, TN1, TN2, TN3, IG1, FS2, FS3, CR3, BP2, DG2, DG3
  • Dies/Punches: MFT Die-namics Stitched Rectangles STAX die
  • Accessories: Janome Sew Mini 124, Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon, Bow-it-All, Green Studios Blackbird twine, Fire Mountain Gems scissors charm, small button, paper rose, Candi minis

I hope you've found a little inspiration to play with us in our last challenge of the year with an easy Anything Goes theme! I created projects using images from two of our sponsors, so stay tuned for the next one! And be sure to check out all the fun crafty goodies at Stitchy Bear's Digi OutletAngie's Digi Stamps and A Day For Daisies! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

14 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love all the details, the little bobbin and scissors. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I just love the scissors you added. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, definitely sweet -- wonderfully colored and your design is great, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! The background you created is beautiful and perfectly embellished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable AND so beautiful!! Love the layout and that fun sewn background. Great embellishments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous design, Leslie! You have a wonderful eye for color and composition! Thanks for leaving this on our front porch. We were delighted to find it here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw that image makes me smile. Thanks for joining Crafty Friends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, a really sweet image and a fabulous layout and embellishments.
    Thank you so much for joining in our Anything but Christmas challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, love all your detail, thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Leslie! I love that adorable image and your fabulous embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious this month!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft Place and good luck.
    Julie s

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. Such great detail. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome! Love the papers you used and the design. Thank you for joining our Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. There's still a little bit of time left to join this week's Challenge, hope you link with us again. God bless and Have an Awesome New Year!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable detail with the tiny little pair of scissors.
    Thank you for playing with us at INK :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D