Sunday, December 13, 2015

Dazzling Ornament & Holiday Shaker for Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop

** 12/16/15 Designer of the Day at 613 Avenue Create's FB Page! **


Hi everyone! It's time for another Really Reasonable Ribbon blog hop! Here's advanced warning that this is a picture-heavy post... I'm showcasing two projects for our hop! :) But wow, oh wow, you are in for a real treat - the design team has been busy creating projects using ribbon and/or trim from the December Ribbon Club Assortment. This one is called 'Beautiful Blues' and what gorgeous shades of blue they are!


If you are hopping with us, you should have arrived here from the uber talented Kathy's blog. If not, then you might want to head over to the RRR blog to start from the beginning. Trust me... you don't want to miss a thing! :)


PROJECT #1: DAZZLING ORNAMENT
I still had my ornament dies out from one of my last RRR inspiration projects, so I decided to create a little 'sumthin-sumthin' to give to my boss along with her Christmas gift. I used the ever-so-pretty Funky Snowflakes on Royal Blue Satin Ribbon along with some Iridescent White Metallic String, both from the December Ribbon Club Assortment. I strung several small beads on the metallic string to dangle beneath the bow.


I created the pretty little bow with my Bow-it-All v2.0. The dazzle was created with spray adhesive and loose Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds glitter. After all the glitter was applied, I sprayed a matte finish on each section to help keep the glitter from coming off.


Here's a top view. I'm really happy with how this turned out and I'm proud to say I didn't make a huge mess with the glitter, lol!


Proud to enter this ornament into the following challenges:

Recipe:


PROJECT #2: HOLIDAY SHAKER CARD
I absolutely love shaker cards and although I've made several over the past few months, I just don't make very many of them in general. But while my Christmas mojo was rockin', I wanted to create a winter scene - one to look at through a double-pane living room window. I used the absolutely gorgeous Blue Topaz Delicate Stitched Satin ribbon paired with some of the Iridescent White Metallic String, both from the December Ribbon Club Assortment.


How about this gorgeous bow?! The stitched satin ribbon really does make the best bows! I create all my bows with the Bow-it-All v2.0 which is undoubtedly one of my most treasured and most used crafty tools. I've had the original Bow-it-All for a couple years now and recently upgraded to the 2.0 version. They are very similar but the newer version has more size options.


The window needed curtains so I created some with a Cheery Lynn French Pastry doily die cut. I cut one doily from heavy-weight vellum, then cut it in half. I took one of the halves and cut it in half to use for each side. Then I cut one side off the remaining half to use as the valance.


For my winter scene, I inked the background with several blue distress inks, then added small white dots of 'snow' with a white gel pen. I used torn scraps of white gold cardstock for the snow banks, and two Paper Smooches stamp sets and coordinating dies for the trees and deer. Of course, we had to have snow, so I used snow crystals for the shaker bits.


The front and inside sentiments are also from Paper Smooches, stamped in Stampin' Up! Night of Navy ink.


Your next stop on the hop is the lovely Cherry's blog! Be sure to some love on all the blogs as you hop... everyone loves and appreciates comments! And when you reach the end of the hop (back at the RRR blog) leave a comment on the blog hop post answering the Question of the Month for your chance to WIN the December Ribbon Club Assortment! :)

Happy to enter this winter scene shaker into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock, GKD In The Navy cardstock, DCWV Pearlized Prints, Marco's Heavy-weight Vellum 
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Warm Hearts, Sweet Escape and Holiday Cheer stamp sets 
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Night of Navy (#126970) and Rose Red (#126954) ink; Ranger Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans distress inks; SN- EB6, JG6, CG4, DR6 
  • Dies/Punches: Paper Smooches Warm Hearts and Sweet Escape Icons, Diemond Window Dies, Cheery Lynn French Pastry die, MFT Die-namics Stitched Rectangle STAX die 
  • Accessories: RRR Funky Snowflakes on Royal Blue Satin Ribbon, Iridescent White Metallic String and Blue Topaz Delicate Stitched Satin ribbon, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, Blockheads Paper Arts Snow Crystals, Want2Scrap white flat-back pearls

I hope you've enjoyed today's projects! Be sure to visit Really Reasonable Ribbon for all kinds of gorgeous ribbon and crafty goodies and tools! You'll find an amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

35 comments:

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

WOW! I'm speechless....These are fabulous!! Love, love the ornament, it's very elegant. The card is beautiful, look at the little scene you created. I'm in awe to your creative greatness :o)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your window scene is so fun!

Bonnie Garby said...

I love beautiful die cuts ornaments and the royal blue ribbon with the sparkly white ornaments makes a beautiful combination. Your shaker card is fabulous as well.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love the way you used that doily on the shaker card! Gorgeous projects!

Nancy Hill said...

Beautiful ornament. Love the shaker card. Very gorgeous projects and well done.

Thecla W said...

Great looking projects

Vicki robertson said...

Leslie, your ornament is lovely, but that shaker card is amazing! I love how you folded the doily as the snowy roof!

April said...

Beautiful ornament and lovely card! Great job!

Amber Milone said...

Oh my goodness! The ornament and shaker card are just lovely! I really love how the doilies look like lace curtains on the window and how you put that ornament together from paper is amazing. Really inspiring!

Doudou said...

Beautiful projects!! Very elegant

Lisa S. said...

Gorgeous ornament and I love your shaker card! Thanks for sharing them with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Lisa DT

Margie Malone said...

Your ornament is beautiful, but the window scene is fantastic. I love the card. It's a real beauty.

Chana said...

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely ornament design with us! We were impressed with both projects and plan to feature them on our FB page tomorrow! Please stop by www.facebook.com/avenue613 to say hello and to grab your Designer of The Day Badge! Thanks again for dropping by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana M. Harris, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Chana said...

Hi, I made an oops, your project will be featured on Wednesday, not tomorrow!
Hugz,
Chana

Judy V said...

Beautiful projects Leslie! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage!

Judy V said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

ann van dijk said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you for joining the challenge of Creative Craft Cottage.
Have a nice day.
Greetings Anneke

usagypsy said...

What beautiful projects. The shaker card is awesome! Never done one before, but this one is motivating me!

Bunny said...

The ornament is beautiful but I really love the shaker card. The bow is beautiful. Love the stitching on the ribbon.

Team Clark said...

Your ornament is beautiful and I love the little scene you've created.

Sue D said...

Beautiful ornament and I like the doilies as curtains.

Barbara said...

I think this is the first time that I have been here. Love your window scene and the ornament. I wish I had more time to make some.

Gail said...

Ahhh, Leslie, you never disappoint me with your beautiful projects and cards. You have such a creativeness to you and it shines on everything you to. This ornament is truly magnificent. Beautiful. And this shaker card that is so cute that there isn't an adjective I can think of that describes how fabulous it is...and that ribbon and bow are perfect. I love that you shared this with us at Craft-Dee BowZ since I haven't had time to just cruise blogs lately and love seeing your art. Happy holidays to you! Hugs, Gail

Jenny Alia said...

The doilies for curtains are so creative. Love the ornament too. Great projects, TFS!

Claudia Rogier said...

Hi,

Stunning creation. thanks for joining us at CCC Challenge

hugs
Claudia
DT Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Lillian A said...

What a fabulous window scene and shaker card! I'm just loving your lacy curtains -- great idea! Also really like that pretty blue satin bow. Just a fantastic card, Leslie!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Both projects are so lovely. The ornament is just so delicate and pretty.

Nathalie said...

So sweet card! I love it. Thanks for playing with Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie DT

Rea' said...

Ornament is pretty and the shaker card ... OMG too cute !

ccheney said...

This ornament is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage

Gale said...

Gorgeous shaker card Leslie. Love the doilies. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Calendar in our "Let It Snow Challenge" and we hope you will join us again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Susan Hogan said...

A gorgeous shaker card and the dies used are super. Thanks for playing along with the current challenge at Eclectic Ellapu.

Evie said...

Beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge. Good luck.

Evie - DT member.

Theresa Pace said...

your ornament is fab. i also like your card. it is so sweet. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx.