Friday, November 13, 2015

Fall Luminary for Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop


Hi everyone! It's time for another Really Reasonable Ribbon blog hop! This is my first hop as a proud RRR DT member and I'm SO excited! You are in for a real treat! The design team has been busy creating projects using ribbon from the November Ribbon Club Assortment. This one is 'Silver & Gold Mix' and it is some of the yummiest ribbon ever!


If you are hopping with us, you should have arrived here from the uber talented Kathy's blog. If not, then you might want to head over to the RRR blog to start from the beginning. Trust me... you don't want to miss a thing! :) 

I know I have inundated you all with my autumn/fall projects over the past few weeks because this is my favorite time of year! I also know Christmas is rapidly approaching but I wanted to squeeze in one more fall project... and show you how versatile the November Ribbon Club Assortment is! It's definitely geared for Christmas projects but I used two ribbons from this assortment - the Shimmer Satin Old Gold and Judy White Crochet Lace - to create a Fall Luminary.


This ribbon is just gorgeous and makes the best bows! I created this bow with my Bow-it-All v2.0 and I invite you to view Bonnie's awesome bow tutorials on YouTube. I added a dangling leaf charm on this one for a little interest.


My inspiration for this luminary came from Linda Parker, a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I just love her video tutorials. I made my legs a tad bit taller and the luminary body a couple inches shorter. I also made several adjustments in the way I put mine together which worked better for me.


I used a new Stampin' Up! stamp set and die bundle that I just love. I colored the leaves with Spectrum Noir markers and randomly placed them on each of the four sides of the luminary along with several gold sequins.


I added clear Wink of Stella to the leaves to give them a little shimmer.


Here's a view with the battery-operated tealight turned on inside. It's not recommended that a real tealight with a flame be used with any paper project as it would create a fire hazard.


And finally, here's a view from the top with the battery-operated tealight on. I'm very happy with how this turned out!


Your next stop on the hop is the lovely Cherry's blog! Be sure to leave some love on all the blogs as you hop... everyone loves and appreciates comments! And when you reach the end of the hop (back at the RRR blog) leave a comment on the blog hop post answering the Question of the Month for your chance to WIN the November Ribbon Club Assortment! :)


Proud to enter this luminary in the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Fresh Asparagus cardstock, The Paper Company white vellum
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Lighthearted Leaves stamp set (#139712)
  • Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle ink; Spectrum Noir- OR3, CT4, DR5, DG3
  • Dies/Punches: Stampin' Up! Leaflets Framelits (#138283), Stampin' Up! Label Bracket punch (#132153)
  • Accessories: RRR Shimmer Satin Old Gold and Judy White Crochet Lace, Gold sequins, clear Wink of Stella, Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), TH Idea-ology split rings, leaf charm from stash

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to visit Really Reasonable Ribbon for all kinds of gorgeous ribbon and crafty goodies and tools! You'll find an amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

31 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

this is so pretty! and what a great idea to use the battery operated tea lights inside. they would make lovely gifts for any holiday. :)

Ina Good said...

very unique luminary and nice ribbons from both assortments in combining them!

Bunny said...

The luminary is beautiful. I love the embellishment you added to the beautiful golden bow.

Bonnie said...

What a fabby luminary Leslie and your bow is fantastic. I was so seeing Christmas with this assortment and I'm thrilled with the Autumn themed projects. The golds work wonderfully with and autumn color palette. Great job!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I adore luminaries and this is fabulous with the perfect bow to set it off.

Bad Kitty said...

this is very pretty

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a clever design...and that bow is bow-dacious! Love it!

Anita said...

Amazing luminaries!

Amber Milone said...

What a beautiful luminary perfect for the upcoming holiday! I love that spectacular bow on the front with the leaf charm. Super pretty!

Margie Malone said...

I love your luminary. It reminds me of my childhood when we would line the street with them and then as soon as it got dark light them all. It was beautiful. Yours would fit right in. Thanks for sharing.

Pia S said...

I'd love to try making something like this, your project turned out gorgeous! And what a beautifully tied bow too!
Thanks for sharing your luminary with us over at Catch the Bug and good luck!

nattyboots said...

Lovely idea

Jill said...

Your luminary is gorgeous, makes me want to make one for myself...:-) The bow is beautiful, and I love how you dangled that leaf charm from the middle. Thank you so much for sharing.

Tina said...

beautiful luminary, i would love to try making one of these
thanks for sharing at pile it on

Tina
dt

usagypsy said...

Wow, so pretty!

Kathy said...

Wow, what a stunning project. Love the gorgeous bow/charm detail. Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo this week.

Diane Louise Janion said...

you have made a beautiful Christmas project, lovely idea. Thanks for entering the ‘Add a Charm’ challenge over at Crafty Friends… we hope you will join us again… good luck !!

Hugs Diane Louise (DT) x

Bad Kitty said...

me again!
just to thank you for joining us at Creative craft cottage!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.

Amy C. said...

This is such a pretty candle holder. Beautiful colors!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful fall luminary!

pst said...

Lovely Luminary, a great little Christmas gift. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.

Lillian A said...

What a stunning project, Leslie -- very pretty and I'm betting the photos doesn't do it near justice with the tea light on inside !!

JennyH said...

Lovely glowing candle holder, such a pretty project : )

cherry Nelson said...

Soooo cool! That is gonna be so cool it up!

Isobel said...

Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge …………..great project and good luck x

Gio said...

Such a lovely project! That bow is a wonderful addiction! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

ann van dijk said...

Your box is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at Creative craft cottage!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.

greating Anneke DT

Beverley said...

Lovely luminary. The fall colours are great and I love the bow and charm detail. Thanks for joining in our "Sparkle, Bling & Embellish" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x

Linda said...

What a beautiful project. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

How cool is this!!?? It's beautiful. The Wink of Stella is perfect. Love the bow with the charm. Very creative :o)

lalkygirl said...

Stunning project ...so pretty
Thanks for joining us at CraftDee Bowz and good luck
Tracey X