Hi everyone! It's time for another Really Reasonable Ribbon blog hop! This is my first hop as a proud RRR DT member and I'm SO excited! You are in for a real treat! The design team has been busy creating projects using ribbon from the November Ribbon Club Assortment. This one is 'Silver & Gold Mix' and it is some of the yummiest ribbon ever!
If you are hopping with us, you should have arrived here from the uber talented Kathy's blog. If not, then you might want to head over to the RRR blog to start from the beginning. Trust me... you don't want to miss a thing! :)
I know I have inundated you all with my autumn/fall projects over the past few weeks because this is my favorite time of year! I also know Christmas is rapidly approaching but I wanted to squeeze in one more fall project... and show you how versatile the November Ribbon Club Assortment is! It's definitely geared for Christmas projects but I used two ribbons from this assortment - the Shimmer Satin Old Gold and Judy White Crochet Lace - to create a Fall Luminary.
This ribbon is just gorgeous and makes the best bows! I created this bow with my Bow-it-All v2.0 and I invite you to view Bonnie's awesome bow tutorials on YouTube. I added a dangling leaf charm on this one for a little interest.
My inspiration for this luminary came from Linda Parker, a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I just love her video tutorials. I made my legs a tad bit taller and the luminary body a couple inches shorter. I also made several adjustments in the way I put mine together which worked better for me.
I added clear Wink of Stella to the leaves to give them a little shimmer.
Here's a view with the battery-operated tealight turned on inside. It's not recommended that a real tealight with a flame be used with any paper project as it would create a fire hazard.
And finally, here's a view from the top with the battery-operated tealight on. I'm very happy with how this turned out!
Your next stop on the hop is the lovely Cherry's blog! Be sure to leave some love on all the blogs as you hop... everyone loves and appreciates comments! And when you reach the end of the hop (back at the RRR blog) leave a comment on the blog hop post answering the Question of the Month for your chance to WIN the November Ribbon Club Assortment! :)
Proud to enter this luminary in the following challenges:
- Not Just Cards: #26 - Anything Goes
- Crafting by Designs: November Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage: #51 - Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create: #149 - Anything Goes with Optional RAK
- Craft-Dee BowZ: November Anything Goes and Include a Handmade Bow
- Crafty Time Challenges: November - Embellish It
- Catch The Bug Challenge Blog: November Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends Challenge Blog: #18 - Anything Goes
- Eclectic Ellapu: November - Balloons, Banners or Bows
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: Use a Stamp or Digi Image
- Craft Stamper: November Challenge - Take A Stamp / Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar Challenge: Sparkle, Bling & Embellish
- Melonheadz Friends: TIC TAC TOE - Pick Any 3 in A Row (Ribbon - Die Cuts - Pearl/Bling)
- Pile It On: #94 - Leaves
- SweetStamps: November Anything Goes
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Fresh Asparagus cardstock, The Paper Company white vellum
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! Lighthearted Leaves stamp set (#139712)
- Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle ink; Spectrum Noir- OR3, CT4, DR5, DG3
- Dies/Punches: Stampin' Up! Leaflets Framelits (#138283), Stampin' Up! Label Bracket punch (#132153)
- Accessories: RRR Shimmer Satin Old Gold and Judy White Crochet Lace, Gold sequins, clear Wink of Stella, Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), TH Idea-ology split rings, leaf charm from stash
I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to visit Really Reasonable Ribbon for all kinds of gorgeous ribbon and crafty goodies and tools! You'll find an amazing selection of products, awesome prices, fast shipping and great customer service! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)