Monday, November 2, 2015

autumn blessings

** 11/10/15 Top 3 at The Sisterhood of Crafters! **

Hi everyone! Yep, you got it - another autumn/fall project, lol! I can't help it! This is my favorite season and all the vibrant colors, wonderful smells and cool weather this time of year really speak to me. I'm happy to share with you today my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #65 - Bling It, Girlfriend! Come play with us - we're being sponsored this time by Limited Runs Stamps, Bugaboo Digi Stamps and Sami Stamps! We want to see your projects with lots of bling! :)

I dug into my Bugaboo stash and came up with the gorgeous Autumn Jar digi to create a thank you card. In keeping with the 'bling' theme, I used gold glittered gumdrops, tiny red gemstones, gold sequins and gold thread. I used the last bit of leaf paper (under the focal image) that I've had for 8-10 years. I really loved that paper...


I colored the image with distress markers which really make it pop. I added a layered flag, some jute ribbon, two angled corners and several stacked leaf die cuts. I affixed several loops of gold thread under the top leaf for a little interest. I'm loving sequins right now, and randomly placed a few gold ones on the focal image.


I kept the inside simple with a stamped sentiment on a layered panel.


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, Dark Chocolate & Tomato Soup cardstock; Marco's Ivory Antique Linen cardstock; various scraps of cardstock and leaf paper
  • Stamps: GKD Autumn Blessings & Harvest of Wishes stamp sets
  • Ink: Ranger distress markers: Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw & Milled Lavender
  • Dies/Punches: Die-namics Stitched Squares & Stitched Rectangles dies; Cottage Cutz Leaf Mini, Maple Leaf Mini & Oak Leaf Mini dies; Stampin' Up! Triple Flag punch
  • Accessories: GKD natural jute ribbon, YNS Gold Gumdrops, Stampin' Up! In Color Sequin assortment, gold thread, tiny red gemstones

I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project with some bling for our challenge this time! And don't forget to visit the Limited Runs StampsBugaboo Digi Stamps and Sami Stamps online stores for some awesome images! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Autumn card! Love the vibrant colors and design. Such a fabulous job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous autumn card -- love the image you've chosen and the leaves coordinate beautifully, as do the sequins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fab image, this is just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I may have to scraplift your layout-I love all the layers. Your image looks great and all the bling is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very pretty! I just love the paper you used. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. We both used leaves for our projects <3 I love Autumn so I <3 your card ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful autumn card; gorgeous image and design. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, Love, Love your creation Leslie! Your coloring and composition are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘FALL’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Did you see I have a new challenge blog opening in January? Please come check it out ... http://darscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2015/11/new-challenge-blog-coming.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Leslie. Love the fall colours! Thank you for joining the challenge of Creative Craft Cottage. Hugs. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable and beautiful!! Fall is my favorite season, too. So I love all your fall themed elements; specially those cute leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful - love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful fall card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome design, love the fall colors and all the added elements. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely autumn card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really fab. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Autumn card is beautiful Leslie!
    Hugs
    Irena

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful card!!Love the Autumn theme.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Leslie! I love that it is so simple; yet elegant. Love your coloring and your leaves. Great design.

    Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you again for the next challenge. Good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the leaves on your Autumn card. It's a lovely layout. Thanks fr entering the challenge a Polkadoodles, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous creation, love it and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Wendy (DT).xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! As soon as I saw this digi, I remembered I have this digi in my collection. That's the problem with digis -- they're harder to peruse than rubber! Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Julia Spiri Challenge Blog. Julie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous autumn card.. love your design.. Thank you for joining our 21st challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge blog.. Hope to see you again on our next challenges.. And good luck at the draw.. ;)

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D