** 11/10/15 Top 3 at The Sisterhood of Crafters! **
Hi everyone! Yep, you got it - another autumn/fall project, lol! I can't help it! This is my favorite season and all the vibrant colors, wonderful smells and cool weather this time of year really speak to me. I'm happy to share with you today my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #65 - Bling It, Girlfriend! Come play with us - we're being sponsored this time by Limited Runs Stamps, Bugaboo Digi Stamps and Sami Stamps! We want to see your projects with lots of bling! :)
I dug into my Bugaboo stash and came up with the gorgeous Autumn Jar digi to create a thank you card. In keeping with the 'bling' theme, I used gold glittered gumdrops, tiny red gemstones, gold sequins and gold thread. I used the last bit of leaf paper (under the focal image) that I've had for 8-10 years. I really loved that paper...
I colored the image with distress markers which really make it pop. I added a layered flag, some jute ribbon, two angled corners and several stacked leaf die cuts. I affixed several loops of gold thread under the top leaf for a little interest. I'm loving sequins right now, and randomly placed a few gold ones on the focal image.
I kept the inside simple with a stamped sentiment on a layered panel.
Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Creative Craft Cottage: #50 - Anything Goes
- Julia Spiri Challenge Blog: #5 - Use Something Old (leaf paper under focal image 8-10 years old)
- Not Just Cards: #26 - November Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: #21 - Anything Goes
- Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog: #22 - Quirky Halloween and/or Autumn Colors
- Polkadoodles: Week 43 - Sparkle, Bling or Glitter
- Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge: #87 - Fall Colors or Christmas
- Sweet Stampin: Dies and/or Punches
- V's Sweet Ideas: #40 - Bling It On!
- Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog: #198 - Use Old Stash (leaf paper under focal image 8-10 years old)
- The Sisterhood of Crafters: FALL is in the air
- Sisters of Craft: November Anything Goes Challenge
- The Paper Nest Dolls: #11 - Anything Goes
- SweetStamps: November Anything Goes
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, Dark Chocolate & Tomato Soup cardstock; Marco's Ivory Antique Linen cardstock; various scraps of cardstock and leaf paper
- Stamps: GKD Autumn Blessings & Harvest of Wishes stamp sets
- Ink: Ranger distress markers: Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw & Milled Lavender
- Dies/Punches: Die-namics Stitched Squares & Stitched Rectangles dies; Cottage Cutz Leaf Mini, Maple Leaf Mini & Oak Leaf Mini dies; Stampin' Up! Triple Flag punch
- Accessories: GKD natural jute ribbon, YNS Gold Gumdrops, Stampin' Up! In Color Sequin assortment, gold thread, tiny red gemstones