Wednesday, October 28, 2015

You're Simply Wonderful

** 11/3/15 Top 3 at Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! **

Hi everyone! I'm super excited to once again be hosting over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog! We're being sponsored this week by Sparkle N Sprinkle! Come play with us - my theme is Bold and Beautiful! Let's see some beautiful bold colors on your projects!

I chose the absolutely gorgeous Bahama Woodstar image from my Sparkle N Sprinkle digi stash to create a thank you card. Hummingbirds are one of my favorite birds so I'm really partial to this image. I've been on a fancy fold binge for most of the summer then turned my attention to autumn/fall cards with the change in weather, so I've turned my focus to something a little different for this challenge - a shaker card. I absolutely love shaker cards but just don't seem to create enough of them. ;)


Green is my absolute favorite color, but green and purple is one of my all-time favorite color combos. When I decided on this image, it didn't take me long to decide on the colors I wanted to use. These yummy emboss resist background papers are from Stampin' Up! (DSP called Irresistibly Yours) and I inked the purple stripes and the green leaves with Stampin' Up! inks. The shaker contains MS hearts and stars glitter and sequins. And of course I had to add my signature big bow! ;)


I kept the inside simple as I usually do, and stamped a sentiment from the Stampin' Up! Simply Wonderful stamp set on a layered panel.


I'd love to enter this thank you card into the following challenges:


Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and Black Onyx cardstock, Stampin' Up! Irresistibly Yours DSP
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Simply Wonderful stamp set
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Perfect Plum, Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke, Memento Tuxedo Black; PL2, PL5, BP6, LV1, IG1, IG2, IG5, CT4, OR1, DG2, DG3, CG3, LG5, JG5
  • Dies/Punches: Simon Says Stamp Thanks die, Die-namics Stitched Rectangles
  • Accessories: Bow-it-All, Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon, Stampin' Up! Basic Pearl Jewels, clear Wink of Stella, sequins, MS Iridescent Heart & Stars Glitter (purple and white)

I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project with beautiful bold colors for my challenge this week! Be sure to check out all the fun goodies at Sparkle N Sprinkle! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used the image inside the window. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Leslie... you have made a very beautiful card for the 'use your favourite colour' challenge over at Crafty Friends... I like how you have coloured the Hummingbird image. Hope you can join us again for our next challenge. Good luck.
    Hugs Diane Louise (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie I must say I have really enjoyed my visit here today I love your beautiful shaker card the image and colours are superb, I also loved meeting your family members and fur babies, thank you for joining our challenge at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great make. Thanks for joining us in our Favourite Colour Combo challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love your colour combination too and the scrunched up bow is fab! Love the shaker element too!

    Thank you for joining my ribbon challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love your colour combination too and the scrunched up bow is fab! Love the shaker element too!

    Thank you for joining my ribbon challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just so pretty, love your whole design. I've never made a shaker card but must give it a go. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning shaker card! Love everything about it. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning shaker card, lovely colours
    Thank you for joining 613 Avenue Create challenge, Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous shaker card!! Your coloring is beautiful and love those fun papers!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage and hope to see you again soon! :) ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous shaker card! The bold prints look fabulous together. You are amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful- I love the purple and green! The image and your coloring are stunning. Good luck with your entry at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Absolutely Fabulous !
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage Challenge blog and good Luck !
    MARYVONNE DT Member , and all the design team Créative Craft cottage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great take on this weeks photo inspiration. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    CraftyNatalie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. Good luck! We would love to see you again … Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is very beautiful !
    Thank you for joining us at Creative craft cottage!
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this one, thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, hope to see you again soon
    {613 DT Member}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "use your favourite colour” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT Tuesday Throwdown)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card!!Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges. Monica-Dt.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful, love those gorgeous purple flowers!! So happy you have joined our Favorite Color Combo challenge at Digi Choosday! Hugs:)
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D