Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy Birthday kite card

** 9/15/15 Winner at Clear It Out Challenge Blog! **
** 9/21/15 Top 5 at Crafty Cardmakers and More! **

Hi everyone! I'm so happy to be hosting this week's StampTV Challenge! I always feel like I've "come home" when I play at StampTV because it's the first place I ever entered a challenge back in 2011! My challenge theme this week is Fancy Your Fold so let's see your fancy folds with 2 or more folds. Come play with us for a chance to win an awesome grab bag of Gina K Designs goodies! If you aren't a member of StampTV, come on over and join - it's free and lots of fun!


I've been on a fancy fold kick for most of the summer so that's why I chose that theme for this challenge. I wanted to create something uber cool for this challenge and decided on a kite card. My inspiration came from Splitcoast Stampers. I really, really like this fold! I used the GKD Happy Birthday stamp set duo which contains two sentiment stamps. I used some pretty double-sided paper to make the kite card base. The front panel is layered on gold mirror cardstock. I left the ribbon tails of the multi-loop bow long to resemble a kite tail. :)


The simple sentiment on the front is stamped in Versamark on vellum and heat embossed in white. I cut it with a stitched circle die and layered it on a slightly larger one cut from the same set. The only other embellishments are white flat-back pearls and flowers to which I added some clear Wink of Stella.


Here's a shot of the kite card opening up. Love both sides of this paper!


And here's the inside sentiment stamped on Turquoise Sea cardstock, cut with a stitched square die and layered on the gold mirror cardstock. Did I mention how much I really love this fold?!


Proud to enter this fun fold into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Turquoise Sea cardstock, K & Co. Jubilee double-sided paper
  • Stamps: 
  • Ink: SweetStamps white dye ink, Stampin' Up! Bermuda Bay ink
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circles, Die-namics Stitched Squares
  • Accessories: SweetStamps fine detail white embossing powder, Petaloo Darjeeling Petite Flowers Teastaine Blue, SweetStamps 36-lb vellum, clear Wink of Stella, Doodlebug Sprinkles Swimming Pool assortment, white flat-back pearls, 1/8" ivory ribbon, fun foam

I hope you've found a little inspiration to play in my fancy fold challenge this week over at StampTV! Any stamps, inks and embellishments can be used, but if you use GKD stamps exclusively, you play for a chance to win a grab bag of GKD goodies! How awesome is that?! And remember, it's free to join StampTV! Hope to see you there!
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card and layout, thanks for sharing and joning us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Clear It Out, good luck!!! Amy DT

Mynn Kitchen said...

WOW, this is STUNNING, Leslie! I LOVE the amazing fold--and the sentiments you used are just beautiful! Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Cindy said...

Cool card. I haven't seen this kite fold yet. Fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week.

Judy V said...

Beautiful card! Great design! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!

Team Clark said...

What a cool fold and amazing design! Love this card!!!

Patricia Alvarez said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the details you put on it! Thanks for sharing with us over Craft Your Passion.Good luck!!!

Gale said...

Lovely card Leslie. Love the design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar in our "Anything Goes Challenge" and we hope to see you again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous project... lovely colors!!
Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Monika Reeck said...

wooow Leslie
I did not know that you can open that main Panel
wooow I love the surprise inside the Kite
great DP you have and great colors and I adore your card
Thanks for joining HOC this month
see you again next month
hugs, Monika (HC DT member)

Linda said...

Beautiful fancy fold card .... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

Rebecca said...

Beautiful fancy fold. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our floral embellishments challenge.

Bec

jonim52 said...

What a gorgeous "fold" card. Very pretty details. Thanks for sharing at House of Cards.

Jo said...

Fabulous card & a great fold too! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

Pat Couder said...

Lovely card! I like the fold design. Thank you for sharing your card with us at HOC. Pat DT x

Karen Petitt said...

Another stunning creation! Love this so much and wish I could make folded or shaped cards but for some reason it just doesn't work for me. Thank you so much for entering our September Stitching Challenge. I hope we see you again for the October challenge Karen (DT House of Cards)