Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Friend

Hi everyone! I'm so stoked to be hosting this week's challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog! We're being sponsored by Melanie Muenchinger, an illustrator for Gina K Designs. Come play with us - my theme is Marvelous Marbling! Let's see some marbled backgrounds or images on your projects. There are many ways to achieve this awesome look. I learned the technique from one of my favorite "go-to learnin' places"... Splitcoast Stampers.

I used Melanie's stamp set Wild at Heart, my MISTI and four colors of ink (yellow, orange, red and brown - in that order) to create the background on my friendship card in autumn/fall colors. The fall fever has begun! In a nutshell, here's how you do it - starting with the lightest color of ink, stamp the entire image. Then, using a gloved finger tip, randomly dab the next color over the image and stamp it. Repeat the process with as many colors of ink as you want, and voila... you have a gorgeous marbled masterpiece, lol! I can so see me using this same background stamp with some purples, blues and pinks! ;)


I added some shimmer to the background panel with iridescent sparkle embossing powder. Sure packs a powerful punch - it's gorgeous! :) I added a length of pretty satin ribbon and a killer double-loop bow before layering the panel on Tomato Soup cardstock. I layered the stamped sentiment on several die cuts and added a few tiny dot sparklers. I really love how this turned out!


I kept the inside fairly simple, as I usually do, with a stamped sentiment on a layered panel. The front and inside sentiments were also from the Wild at Heart stamp set.


Happy to enter this friendship card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Tomato Soup cardstock
  • Stamps: GKD Wild at Heart stamp set
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso; Versamark Dazzle
  • Dies/Punches: Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
  • Accessories: MISTI, Judi-Kins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder, The Robin's Nest Dew Drops (red), Stampendous Dot Sparklers (red), Really Reasonable Ribbon Colors of Autumn satin ribbon from the August Ribbon Club Assortment

I hope you've found some inspiration to enter my marbling challenge this week! It's really a super easy technique and is so much fun! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Scrappy hugs,
Leslie

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning fall card. I will need to watch the video.and then hope to play in your challenge. I am in the "fall" mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just became a follower of your blog and wondered if you might return the favor! I started a card-making blog in July. Here's the address: http://carriescustomcards.blogspot.com/2015/09/viva-la-verve-snowman-sketch-card.html
    Also, I was wondering if I could submit a card with watercoloring for the marbling challenge. Do we need to follow your technique or can we just mix watercolors on the project? Thanks! Carrie Sheridan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Leslie your bow is fantastic. I love it!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes SEPTEMBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely creation Leslie - my son has a Harley - makes me nervous every time he gets on it - not because he is the driver but because of OTHER drivers - hubby and I were motorcycle riders too - he was just like Marlon Brando when he got on that bike -yep - we are that OLD! thank you for joining DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes SEPTEMBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love cats and took in 4 strays which we love with all their different personalities. I am so glad they were not pregnant though! Your background is beautiful especially with the white stamped image. Very nice card! Robin Hawkins www.heresmyhart.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie, Thank you for linking up at DLART SEPTEMBER Linky Party - with your cute creation - best wishes on the win - come back again! Gail DT DLART

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project... lovely colors!!
    Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design, I love the wonderful fall colored background. Thank you for joining in our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leslie, this card is a beauty. What a great background that you created. Your embossed image looks great on your paper. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply elegant. Your cards are so classy! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous colors! The background you created really makes the card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colours and great technique. Thank You for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card - thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D