Sunday, August 30, 2015

You're Spec-tacular

** 9/11/15 Top 4 at Creative Corner Challenges! **

Hi everyone! I've popped in today to share a whimsical thank you card I created for a friend. OMG, you certainly would have thought that I lost my marbles had you been a fly on the wall in my scrap room! Yep, I was laughing out loud pretty much the entire time it took to create this card! It's quite different from the usual cards I create. :)

It actually started out pretty innocently with the striped and flowered papers, and then the lace. I created the stitched circle die cut (went back and forth between two different sizes - then chose the larger one), lopped off the right side and butted it up against the flowered panel. I wanted to use the Paper Smooches Incognito stamp set and coordinating glasses die but knew the sentiment and glasses would look so plain on that circle die cut that looked so much like a head, lol! And that's when the fun began...


I created two glasses die cuts and adhered them together for a little dimension, colored them with clear Wink of Stella and coated them with some Glossy Accents. While they were drying, I pulled out some Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and created her hair, lol! I added a gemstone earring and two more of the same gemstones down in the lower right corner. I stamped the sentiment, added her glasses and the googly eyes, and then decided she needed a mouth. I can honestly say that I've never used googly eyes on a project before now. But I did have some in my stash so I must have thought I'd use them at some point! ;)


I kept the inside simple as I usually do, stamping the sentiment on a layered panel.


I'd love to enter this whimsical card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Ultras Smooth Premium White; GKD Sweet Mango, Simple Stories 'diy boutique' 6x6 papers
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Incognito & Simply Said stamp sets
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie & Strawberry Slush
  • Dies/Punches: Paper Smooches Glasses die, Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers die
  • Accessories: WOC cotton lace, googly eyes, WOC flowers, Prima flowers, Glossy Accents, clear Wink of Stella

I hope you've gotten a good laugh! I'm still chuckling! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so fun, I love it!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

lol...Love it!! This is just too cute!! It's definitely funny, I can see and hear you laughing to yourself while creating this. Cute and clever :o)

Lillian A said...

I love this - such a cute, fun, adorable card -- sure brought a smile to my face and "spec-tacular" is perfect for it!! Cute beyond words, Leslie!!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunningly beautiful creation, lovely sentiment to for our current challenge...hope to see you next challenge.xx
{Chocolate Coffee and Cards DT Member}

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant fun card love the glasses and googly eyes,beautiful flowers and bright coloured papers---Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

Cathrine Rohman-Fransson said...

Spec-tacular card! ;) Love it! <3 Thank you for joining our challenge! //Cat Creative Corner Admin

Olivia said...

You made me smile with this cuteness. Wonderfully done. Thank you joining us at Corrosive Challenge and Good Luck

Sarah Nancarrow said...

Fantastic!! Loving the spray of flowers and those funky glasses. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Ileana A. said...

Wonderful creation, very original! I love funny glasses and papers!Beautiful flowers!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge September "ATG".
Ileanaxx

Lori T said...

Thank you for joining us this month at
Sister's of Craft
Hugggs Lori X x X