Friday, August 7, 2015

You Made My Day

Hey, everybody! I have some more fun news to share - I've been invited to guest design for Scrapping4fun Challenges again! My whimsical 29th birthday card was featured several weeks ago so Rachelle invited me to guest in Challenge #48 - Anything Goes + Washi Tape! I'm very excited to share my project with you! ;)

I used Stampin' Up! papers, stamp sets and ink for my file folder card, with the feature stamping being the washi tape stamped on vellum. I'm in love with these file folder cards and they are so easy - made with the envelope punch board!


I staggered the different colors and patterns of washi tape across the front and affixed a double-layer of stitched die cuts in coordinating colors on the edge with a vertical sentiment. And here's a tip - the best way to glue vellum is to run it through the Xyron which makes the adhesive virtually invisible. My Xyron was one of the first 'tools' I bought years ago when I started cardmaking and I've never regretted the purchase!


I randomly placed a few round sequins on the front and stamped the 'friend' sentiment on the rear tab of the file folder.


And here's the inside - another couple stitched die cuts, thank you sentiment and two tiny heart sequins. I just love how this turned out!


Happy to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz (#131301), Stampin' Up! Lost Lagoon (#133679), Stampin' Up! Whisper White (#100730), Stampin' Up! All Is Calm DSP (#135823), white vellum
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Tape It (#130715), Stampin' Up! And Many More (#134276), Stampin' Up! Something To Say (#134180)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz (#131180), Stampin' Up! Lost Lagoon (#133644), Stampin' Up! Smoky Slate (#131179)
  • Dies/Punches: My Favorite Things Die-namics Stitched Rectangles
  • Accessories: MISTI, Xyron Creative Station, Stampin' Up! In Color Sequin Assortment

I hope you've found a little inspiration and will consider getting out your washi tape to create a project for our challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

10 comments:

  1. What a Fabulous card! LOVE the design! Great use of Washi tape too!! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely folder card. Love the washi tape stamp effect.
    Thank you for your GD creation
    Have a great weekend
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. Love all your cats lol! Thank you for joining us over at http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/ challenge 15, good luck.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx DT LPOCF
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card and brilliant design. I love your use of washi tape.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore August Challenge "Anything Goes" and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool card! Love the shape and washi tape. Thanks for the hint on glueing vellum. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic design.Just love the mix of papers and the washi tape effect vellum.The sequins are a lovely touch.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers for the latest challenge. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous card!! I love the design. You are so creative :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D