Friday, August 14, 2015

thanks much

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share with you today another 3 Girl JAM DT inspiration project. I had my scrap bin out... yes, you know, that ever-growing box full of pieces of paper and cardstock that I just can't bear to throw away. Go ahead and admit it - you have one too! ;) I wanted to create a card using up some of those scraps, and SCORE! Excluding the card base, very single paper element on this card was made from a scrap! Woot-woot!


This is a Z-fold card base. I used the Stampin' Up! Six Sided Sampler stamp set and matching punch for the hexagons which I layered onto stitched circle die cuts. I used my last piece of the absolutely gorgeous London Blue ribbon from the Wine & Jewels Bundle to create the multi-loop bow. You know how I love my big bows!


Here's the inside - the sentiment, four flags and a couple half-hexagons. I brought in several of the colors in the striped paper scraps. I added pretty little stamped/punched flowers colored with Wink of Stella to the centers of the hexagons. I'm really loving these 'scrap' elements! And as a side note, remember the song by Led Zeppelin called "Thank You" - written by Robert Palmer and Jimmy Page back in the late '60s? Yep, me too! ;)


And finally, here's an overhead shot - such an easy and fun fold!


Happy to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Old Olive (#100702), Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz (#131301), Stampin' Up! Whisper White (#100730), Stampin' Up! Kraft (#133674)
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Six Sided Sampler (#130958), Stampin' Up! Something To Say (#134180)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Lost Lagoon (#133644), Stampin' Up! Coastal Cabana (#131175), Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz (#131180)
  • Dies/Punches: Stampin' Up! Hexagon punch (#130919), Stampin' Up! Flower Punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (#133787), Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers
  • Accessories: Clear Wink of Stella, Stampin' Up! Pearl Jewels (#119247)

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out all the fun crafty goodies! There are two ways to $AVE when you shop at 3 Girl JAM this month - use code LT10 to get 10% off your entire order OR use code AUGUST to add the gorgeous Caribbean Splash Bundle to your regular price order for just $1.00! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with a great design! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Simply Create Too!
    Hugs, Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of scraps on this cute card. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card made even better by using us scraps. Love the card design and the colours. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we do hope you will come back and join us again soon.Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card and design. The colours are gorgeous and I love the big bow.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore August Challenge "Anything Goes" and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge , great card
    Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really great card, Leslie - love your design.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's, the Crafty Calendar Challenge and Creative Inspirations.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Penny’s & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (DT Crafty Friends)
    (DT Tuesday Throwdown)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card Leslie - great choice of colours and I just wish I could use up my bits and pieces of paper - I have such a huge box of them and I never go there! I've just become your latest follower 'cos I'm always over here commenting and love your creations! will be back soon.

    Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar ('Bingo') Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous.....LOVE the colour of that ribbon! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
    You can find my candy here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D