Saturday, August 1, 2015

so many smiles...

Hi everyone! It's time for another fun challenge over at 3 Girl JAM! I'm super stoked to share my DT inspiration project for our August Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge! Come play with us! You could be the proud winner of a $15 gift certificate to the 3 Girl JAM store! Before I get to my project, let me tell you about this month's special offer - with any regular price purchase made in August, you can add the amazing Caribbean Splash Bundle (Coral Crush and Aqua Splash) to your cart for just $1.00! Yep, you read that right... $1.00! Use the code AUGUST to take advantage of this awesome deal!

I'm still diggin' my fancy folds and found some tutorials for a couple different sized shutter cards. This one is 4" square. I used the gorgeous denim crinkle ribbon from the Saturday Morning Bundle which looks just beautiful with this patterned paper! Love, love, love these colors!


The front of this card is a gate fold and of course it had to have my big signature bow! ;) I stamped the sentiment on a fish tail banner and made it several layers thick so it would be sturdy enough to hold a thin magnet closure. I added a simple stamped flower punched with it's coordinating punch.


Here are some progressive shots showing the gate opening along with the shutter to reveal the inside sentiment.


This is my new favorite fold! I know... I say that about every one I make, lol! I really would have a difficult time picking a true favorite - I've made a lot of cool fancy folds over the past several months.


Proud to enter this fun card into the following challenges:


Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Soft Suede (#115318), Stampin' Up! Marina Mist (#119682), Stampin' Up! English Garden DSP (#138440)
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Petite Pairs (#122497), Stampin' Up! Something To Say (#134180)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Marina Mist (#126962)
  • Punches/Dies: Stampin' Up! 2" Circle Punch (#133782), Stampin' Up! 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906), small flower punch from the Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (#133787), Stampin' Up! Triple Banner Punch (#138292)
  • Accessories: Doodle Bug Designs Sprinkles Blue Jean assortment, Stampin' Up@ Basic Pearl Jewels (#119247)

I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project for our Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge this month! And I do hope you'll stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out the wonderful array of fun crafty goodies and take advantage of the August special! Thanks so much for stopping by today! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Leslie! That bow is gorgeous! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ August Challenge, "Anything goes and include a handmade bow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a color palooza! Okay, that's not a word but I thought it worked. LOL. Really, this is gorgeous, so much beautiful color and elements to look at. Whom ever gets this beauty will surely enjoy it. Thanks for entering in The House That Stamp Built and hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Leslie!! That big bow is so yummy!! Gate fold cards are fun enough, but then to open this one up and see yet another surprise inside is awesome!! I guess I have never seen a shutter fold before; so cool. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAbby card, thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your shutter card! This is so cool! And GORGEOUS paper for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Leslie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome card! Great colors and bow as well! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those colours, the paper is gorgeous and your big denim bow. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card and I've never seen the 'shutter' style before so am intrigued. I am definitely going to have a look for this one. Love the colours and your brilliant bow!!! Thank you for entering the TTPH (Flowers) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! Love how it "does" something when you open it and it reveals the message :)
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges for our Photo INKspiration challenge. Hope to see you again for our next challenge :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE THIS!!! This shutter card is just amazing and unbelievable. I love the colors and design. You out did yourself :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous colors and what a pretty gatefold! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational. I hope to see you playing along in our new challenge "Melt".

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card, beautifully designed.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sisters of Craft Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D