Monday, August 10, 2015

I Heart You

Hello there, my crafty friends! I'm totally ecstatic to have been invited to guest design for Craft Your Passion during the month of August! I'm happy to share the project I created for Challenge #274. CYP challenges are always anything goes, so come play with us! We're being sponsored this week by the amazing AuroraWings!

I'm still enjoying my fancy folds and created an inverted gate fold card for a good friend I used to work with who has moved down south. She's one of those friends that I feel like I've known forever. I chose the Whimsical Seahorse image for this card as I think it suits her perfectly!


This was a delightful image to color. I used turquoise, purple and pink shades of Spectrum Noir markers and blended the colors with a light gray, then added clear Wink of Stella to the entire image. I placed several white glittered gumdrops to look like bubbles. I used the last metal corner in my stash. I guess I need to go shopping, lol!


I added dots of Glossy Accents on the head, body and wings for a little dimension and interest, and stamped the sentiment in the lower left corner.


Here is the card opened up a bit. I created the watercolor panels on the sides by patting several colors of ink on my craft mat, spritzing them with a homemade Perfect Pearls mist, and smooshing the watercolor paper through the puddles. I stamped the 'friend' sentiment vertically on the right side.


I used an edge punch to simulate smooth waves on the bottom pieces of each panel, then randomly placed sequins on each side.


Here's a top view. Such a fun fold! ;)


Happy to enter this fancy fold card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Bermuda Bay (#131197), Stampin' Up! Rich Razzleberry (#115316), Stampin' Up! Whisper White (#100730), Stampin' Up! Best Year Ever DSP (#138633)
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! And Many More (#134276)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Night of Navy (#126970), Stampin' Up! Rich Razzleberry (#126950), Stampin' Up! Bermuda Bay (#131171); Spectrum Noir- BT4, TB3, PP2, IB1, IG2
  • Accessories: Clear Wink of Stella, Flonzcraft metal corner, YNS white Glittered Gumdrops, MS Footlights edge punch, Glossy Accents, homemade Perfect Pearls Mist, Stampin' Up! In Color Sequin Assortment (#133631)

I hope you've enjoyed this project and are inspired to enter our challenge this week! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

  1. Lovely creation Leslie. Such great colours and I love all the photos / angles you shared with us. Congrats on your GDT spot here at Craft Your Passion. Happy to have you aboard.
    Lynn, CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being the GDT for August. Your card is so different for the gate fold. I love the coloring of the sea horse and the panels too.
    Thanks for joining in the Mod Squad Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card! Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week!
    Giada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card with such pretty colors!! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin' with your lovely card. debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the fold and the image is so different
    cheers from california
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful folded card. Love the shape, but more the way you stamped and coloured it! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie this is a beautiful project with wonderful attention to detail and perfect for our 15th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leslie, love the shape of course is is so pretty. The image is awesome, like the bubbles and the glossiness great job. Nice touch with those sequins. Another master piece, sure has Wow factor!
    Thanks for entering our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
    Leanne DT
    LPCF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous colors. Love the fold of this card and the metal corner accent.

    Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a lovely card! I love the design.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Leslie! Love the colors, your coloring and the layout.

    I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for everyone to join as a follower (if you aren't already), comment and add your link. I am already a follower of your blog.

    Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you again in the next challenge. Good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely image, Leslie ... gorgeous colouring and such a fun and fabulous fold! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Leslie, love the fold, the image and your fab colours. Thanks for joining us at OohLaLa, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful image and such a pretty monochrome color palette. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D