I'm still enjoying my fancy folds and created an inverted gate fold card for a good friend I used to work with who has moved down south. She's one of those friends that I feel like I've known forever. I chose the Whimsical Seahorse image for this card as I think it suits her perfectly!
This was a delightful image to color. I used turquoise, purple and pink shades of Spectrum Noir markers and blended the colors with a light gray, then added clear Wink of Stella to the entire image. I placed several white glittered gumdrops to look like bubbles. I used the last metal corner in my stash. I guess I need to go shopping, lol!
I added dots of Glossy Accents on the head, body and wings for a little dimension and interest, and stamped the sentiment in the lower left corner.
Here is the card opened up a bit. I created the watercolor panels on the sides by patting several colors of ink on my craft mat, spritzing them with a homemade Perfect Pearls mist, and smooshing the watercolor paper through the puddles. I stamped the 'friend' sentiment vertically on the right side.
I used an edge punch to simulate smooth waves on the bottom pieces of each panel, then randomly placed sequins on each side.
Here's a top view. Such a fun fold! ;)
Happy to enter this fancy fold card into the following challenges:
- Ooh-La-La Creations: #186 - Nautical
- Mod Squad Challenge Blog: Gate Fold It is!
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog: #15 - Anything Goes
- Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog: #16 - Quirky's Gone Fishing
- Time Out Challenges: #37 - Friendship is Golden
- Sweet Stampin: Anything but a Birthday
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #118 - Anything Goes
- Brown Sugar Challenge Blog: #158 - Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday: #195 - Anything Goes
- V's Sweet Ideas: #37 - Anything Goes
- Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Bermuda Bay (#131197), Stampin' Up! Rich Razzleberry (#115316), Stampin' Up! Whisper White (#100730), Stampin' Up! Best Year Ever DSP (#138633)
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! And Many More (#134276)
- Ink: Stampin' Up! Night of Navy (#126970), Stampin' Up! Rich Razzleberry (#126950), Stampin' Up! Bermuda Bay (#131171); Spectrum Noir- BT4, TB3, PP2, IB1, IG2
- Accessories: Clear Wink of Stella, Flonzcraft metal corner, YNS white Glittered Gumdrops, MS Footlights edge punch, Glossy Accents, homemade Perfect Pearls Mist, Stampin' Up! In Color Sequin Assortment (#133631)
I hope you've enjoyed this project and are inspired to enter our challenge this week! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)