Monday, August 17, 2015

Cowabunga!

** 8/24/15 Top 5 at Crafty Cardmakers and More! **

Hi everyone! I'm absolutely thrilled to share with you my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #60 - Anything Goes! We're being sponsored this time by Pattie's Creations, Kith & Kin Stamp Co. and SLS Lines! Come play with us! We've infused another 'anything goes' challenge into the mix because we know you love 'em! ;)

I used the outrageously cool Surfer Rory digi from Kith & Kin Stamp Co. for my all occasion card. I had a good time putting this together. I pulled out a mat stack that I've had for probably 5-6 years and used three of the coordinating papers. I 'waxed' her board with a nice coat of Glossy Accents - sure wish the photo showed how good it really looks! ;)


I drew the sun. I consider myself a paper artist but can't draw worth a flip, so I was excited when my sun turned out 'okay' enough to use on this project, lol! I created the sentiment on my computer.


I created some waves (and some of them are somewhat choppy for her riding pleasure) and some sand dunes. No dunes are complete without a lobster lurking nearby, lol!


And here's the inside, which I kept fairly simple. I found a great surfer's quote online which I thought would make a great sentiment!


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Premium White, Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise, DCWV Mango Frost Mat Stack
  • Stamps: Kith & Kin Surfer Rory digital image
  • Ink: Spectrum Noir- FS2, FS3, IB1, IB2, PL1, CT2, OR1, OR2, TN3, TN4, TN5
  • Dies/Punches: Paper Smooches stitched border, YNS wave border
  • Accessories: Wink of Stella, Glossy Accents, Fire Mountain lobster charm, peach flat-back pearls

I hope you've found a little inspiration to create something fun for our Anything Goes challenge this time! Be sure to check out Pattie's CreationsKith & Kin Stamp Co. and SLS Lines for some awesome digital images! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Leslie, I love how you have done the die cut waves and sand! So happy to have you playing along at Digi Choosday Punches/Die Cuts challenge this time. Hugs my friend:) Audrey GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! Love the dies and your coloring is fab! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge this week. Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of papers, Leslie, and I love your sand dune. Her surfboard is awesome and I'd want to display it, rather than use it, with those pretty flowers on it. A great summer creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, Leslie! You definitely rocked the beach scene with this one. And I think your sun turned out more than okay; it looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! So sunny and bright! I love this digi you used - it is so cute! And her board looks fantastic! Thank you very much for sharing your project with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Good luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool card! I love your sun and that image is super cute. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our warm Summer colours challenge.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leslie this is such a fab fun card great colouring. Glad you entered the challenge at Digi Choosday good luck. Oh the card bases are shop bought. Think nears is grand nesties scallop squares.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "cowabunga" surfer is adorable. You created a perfect scene for her and you did fabulous on your sun, I thought it was a stamp. I hope the lobster doesn't pinch her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Card Leslie!! Love the background paper and the waves. That little lobster is the perfect touch!!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges. Good luck.-Monica. Dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant, I love it!! Thank you for sharing at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie this is a beautiful project with wonderful attention to detail and perfect for our 16th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D