Saturday, August 29, 2015

4-Drawer Easel Card

** 9/18/15 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **

Hi everyone! It's time for another fun challenge over at 3 Girl JAM! I'm super stoked to share my DT inspiration project for our September Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge! Come play with us! You could be the proud winner of a $15 gift certificate to the 3 Girl JAM store! Before I get to my project, let me tell you about this month's special offer - with any regular price purchase made in September (and the last few days of August), you can add the amazing Hot & Cold Bundle (Hot Chocolate & Ice Blue) to your cart for just $1.00! Yep, you read that right... $1.00! Use the code SEPTEMBER to take advantage of this awesome deal!

I decided on something 'out of the ordinary' to create for this challenge. Easel cards are super easy anyway, and this just has the addition of the drawers underneath. OMG, sooo much fun! This project features the absolutely gorgeous Cocoa ribbon from the Victorian Dream bundle and both of the laces from the Simple White Lace Bundle which I sprayed with walnut ink. I have some sad news, though... the Simple White Lace Bundle is out of stock but I'll link to Light & Bright Lace and Distressed Lace which are two more rockin' awesome lace bundles that would definitely do your projects justice! ;)


I actually had these papers earmarked for a totally different project using a Silhouette cut file, but when I decided on this easel card project, everything changed! This sentiment is from Stampin' Up and I absolutely LOVE it - no truer words have ever been spoken! In addition to the 3 Girl JAM ribbon and lace, I embellished the easel with a pretty filigree butterfly charm, an open die cut and some large stamped metal brads.


I created a tag with an inlaid die cut and another stamped sentiment as the focal point for the bottom. I added some small brads to the beautiful lace strip on the front.


Here's the front drawer open. I papered the insides of all the drawers and used large stamped metal brads for the drawer pulls.


Here's an angled side view...


... and with the drawer open.


A view of the other side, with that drawer open.


And the back with that drawer open.


And finally, drawers closed and easel folded down.


Would love to enter this easel card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Paper Accents 120# kraft, GKD Charcoal Brown, green and red cardstock scraps, K & Co. Brenda Walton double-sided designer paper, HOTP Crocodile Brown paper 
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! From My Heart, W Plus 9 Hand Lettered Thanks
  • Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle, Tsukineko Cornflower and Eucalyptus walnut ink sprays
  • Dies/Punches: Die-namics Stitched Rectangles, Paper Smooches Stitched Tag, Paper Smooches Single Rose die
  • Accessories: 3 Girl JAM Cocoa ribbon from Victorian Dream Bundle, 3 Girl JAM Simple White Lace (x2), 3 Girl JAM Vintage Button, Darice brown foam sheet, Commotion Tan Almost Leather, Graphic 45 Stamped Metal Brads, twine, WOC filigree butterfly charm, tiny red gemstones, tiny bronze brads

I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project for our Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge this month! And I do hope you'll stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out the wonderful array of fun crafty goodies and take advantage of the September special! Thanks so much for stopping by today! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

  1. So Pretty Leslie! Such a lovely project! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leslie this is just amazing.
    I can't believe how long it has been since I stopped by......... sorry, life has been rather hectic of late.
    Hope that you are well.
    Love and hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is just fabulous. I love this project and everything from your papers to embellishments are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our August challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie, this is wonderful. Such a brilliant design and it must have taken ages! So gorgeous...
    Thank you for joining us this time at Creative Inspirations.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great project. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow for our 'Dies or Punches' challenge.
    Hugs Helen P x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! Stunning project. I've seen this before, tell me, was it difficult as it looks. It's gorgeous and the lace with brads is yummy. Just an amazing project :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just wonderful. I love the paper choices. Thanks so much for sharing at Clear it Out.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is awesome. What a fantastic project...someone is going to be very happy to receive this! I love your bow! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our August challenge. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning project, beautiful elements. Thanks for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Leslie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous easel box card. love the design and colours. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Craft Cottage and we would love to see you again soon. Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card thank you for sharing with us at creative craft cottage good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my goodness, this is absolutely darling,Leslie!This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is stunning. Love all the detail. Lovely paper.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job using the Victorian Dreams bundle, Leslie. I love playing along at 3 Girl Jam. I hope you'll stop by my blog to see my entries. I couldn't find the rule about how many times we're allowed to enter. Thanks for the great inspiration.
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D