** 9/18/15 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **
Hi everyone! It's time for another fun challenge over at 3 Girl JAM! I'm super stoked to share my DT inspiration project for our September Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge! Come play with us! You could be the proud winner of a $15 gift certificate to the 3 Girl JAM store! Before I get to my project, let me tell you about this month's special offer - with any regular price purchase made in September (and the last few days of August), you can add the amazing Hot & Cold Bundle (Hot Chocolate & Ice Blue) to your cart for just $1.00! Yep, you read that right... $1.00! Use the code SEPTEMBER to take advantage of this awesome deal!
I decided on something 'out of the ordinary' to create for this challenge. Easel cards are super easy anyway, and this just has the addition of the drawers underneath. OMG, sooo much fun! This project features the absolutely gorgeous Cocoa ribbon from the Victorian Dream bundle and both of the laces from the Simple White Lace Bundle which I sprayed with walnut ink. I have some sad news, though... the Simple White Lace Bundle is out of stock but I'll link to Light & Bright Lace and Distressed Lace which are two more rockin' awesome lace bundles that would definitely do your projects justice! ;)
I actually had these papers earmarked for a totally different project using a Silhouette cut file, but when I decided on this easel card project, everything changed! This sentiment is from Stampin' Up and I absolutely LOVE it - no truer words have ever been spoken! In addition to the 3 Girl JAM ribbon and lace, I embellished the easel with a pretty filigree butterfly charm, an open die cut and some large stamped metal brads.
I created a tag with an inlaid die cut and another stamped sentiment as the focal point for the bottom. I added some small brads to the beautiful lace strip on the front.
Here's the front drawer open. I papered the insides of all the drawers and used large stamped metal brads for the drawer pulls.
Here's an angled side view...
... and with the drawer open.
A view of the other side, with that drawer open.
And the back with that drawer open.
And finally, drawers closed and easel folded down.
Would love to enter this easel card into the following challenges:
- Chocolate Coffee & Cards Challenges: #98 - Use A Sentiment
- Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog: #324 - Anything Goes + Option of a Sketch
- Ruby's Rainbow Challenges: #111 - Die Cuts or Punches
- Not Just Cards: #23 - Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges: #49 - Name Brand Scrapbooking Paper (K & Co. and Hot Off The Press)
- Creative Craft Cottage: #46 - Anything Goes
- Clear It Out Challenge Blog: Theme - Fancy Folds, Stash - Die cuts/Punches
- Use Your Stuff: #189 - Anything Goes
- Crafting By Designs: Things With Wings (filigree butterfly charm)
- Craft-Dee BowZ: August Challenge - Anything Goes and include a HANDMADE BOW
- Cardstock/Paper: Paper Accents 120# kraft, GKD Charcoal Brown, green and red cardstock scraps, K & Co. Brenda Walton double-sided designer paper, HOTP Crocodile Brown paper
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! From My Heart, W Plus 9 Hand Lettered Thanks
- Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle, Tsukineko Cornflower and Eucalyptus walnut ink sprays
- Dies/Punches: Die-namics Stitched Rectangles, Paper Smooches Stitched Tag, Paper Smooches Single Rose die
- Accessories: 3 Girl JAM Cocoa ribbon from Victorian Dream Bundle, 3 Girl JAM Simple White Lace (x2), 3 Girl JAM Vintage Button, Darice brown foam sheet, Commotion Tan Almost Leather, Graphic 45 Stamped Metal Brads, twine, WOC filigree butterfly charm, tiny red gemstones, tiny bronze brads
I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project for our Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge this month! And I do hope you'll stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out the wonderful array of fun crafty goodies and take advantage of the September special! Thanks so much for stopping by today! ;)