Saturday, July 25, 2015

You are amazingly amazing

Hi everyone! A couple weeks ago I shared some good news about having been invited to guest design with Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog during the month of July. I'm super stoked to share my second inspiration project this month - this one for the Midway Motivation Post for Challenge #41 - Pretty Petals! Come play with us! We want to see your project with some pretty petals!

You know I'm a huge sucker for fancy folds and made two tunnel cards a couple weekends ago using some gorgeous Stampin' Up! stamps, paper, inks and embellishments. This floral paper is absolutely gorgeous and I knew it would make a beautiful project for this Pretty Petals challenge!


I stamped this amazing sentiment on a layered panel on the front and embellished it with some sequins and a Simply Pressed Clay button and several loops of silver thread. I stained the button with Eucalyptus walnut stain.


I cut an oval aperture in the center portion of the 'tunnel' and layered some of the floral paper on each side of it. I had some silver embossed corner stickers in my stash which I affixed to each corner of the center portion for a little interest.


I stamped some flowers and a sentiment on the inside which are seen through the aperture.


Here's a top view of the tunnel construction. I just love this fold and am really happy with how this turned out! I definitely see more of these in my future, lol!


Proud to enter this thank you card into the following challenges:


Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Old Olive (#100702), Stampin' Up! Whisper White (#100730), Stampin' Up! English Garden Designer Series Paper (#138440)
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Painted Petals (#137146)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Old Olive (#126953), Stampin' Up! Mossy Meadow (#133645), Stampin' Up! Blushing Bride (#131172), Stampin' Up! Crisp Cantaloupe (#131176), Stampin' Up! Soft Suede (#126978)
  • Dies/Punches: Spellbinders Classic Ovals die
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Simply Pressed Clay (#130685), Stampin' Up! Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Molds (#131272), Stampin' Up! Frosted Sequins (#135835), Tsukineko Eucalyptus walnut ink

I hope you've enjoyed this project and have found some inspiration to create a fun project for our Pretty Petals challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I love the folds. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck.
    Rose DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card, amazing stamping! Thank you for playing with us at TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the awesome fold and fabulous floral images! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!!! LOVE the design! :)


    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful design. You did a great job! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Craft Your Passion.
    DT Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card, thank you for joining us this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you soon. Andree DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! This fold is for sure something I need to try :) Thanks for sharing!
    And thank you for playing with us at Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge. Hoping to see you with us again in August! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I saw this beautiful card on Shabby Tearoom. I love the fold & paper
    Babs xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a beautiful card! i love the colours and the fancy fold/tunnel shape! thank you so much for playing along with us at house of cards.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card! Love how the tunnel frames the image inside. Thanks so much for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next challenge!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D​

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous card thank you for joining our challenge at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS good luck hope we soon you again
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Leslie
    What a stunning card, lovely inside and out.
    Thank you for joining in at House of Cards.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW this is gorgeous Leslie! I love that stunning fold and your beautiful flowers!! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!! What a fabulous and unique card...I have to try one of these, thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Summer Picnic" challenge!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Leslie! This card is so beautiful! I haven't tried that fold yet; so now I am motivated. LOL! Love the paper and all of your sweet embellishments.

    I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for you to join as a follower (if you aren't already), comment and add your link. I am already a follower of your blog.

    Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you again in the next challenge. Good luck in the drawings. Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty Leslie - I love your design and the aperture inside the card is gorgeous. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Time (Punches and dies) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in our "Food &/or color inspiration" challenge at House Of Cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely sentiment and the Guest DT was much deserved! I love the tunnel card design, very clever.
    Thank you for joining us for the challenge over on the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
    xxSAMxx TCP Design Team.
    ❤My Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place Challenge Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place on Facebook❤

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a beautiful floral card, and I love the apature :)thank you for playing along with the words challenge at that craft place ;)
    Rachel, TCP DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D